• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattR77xx

New Here
Hi. I'm Matt.
I'm an Active Duty helicopter pilot and have been recently diagnosed with PTSD, and prescribed Zoloft. Obviously, flying is taking a backseat for the foreseeable future, if not forever, but I gotta get my life right first. I've held on to flight status while NOT dealing with my outside-work issues, and the chickens have come home to roost.

I'm completely unsure of how my flight status and career will be affected, especially with PTSD in my diagnosis file. I've finally resigned myself to the fact that maybe it's best for me to not worry about my career. I need to get right first.

This forum is incredible. I'm on Day 3 of Zoloft, have one KICKING headache, and am waiting for the benefits to kick in and wonder what they will feel like. I worry a lot about my career and what will happen, so much that I wonder what I'd do if they kick me out.

Pretty much, I'm in a sea of self-doubt, am waiting on this stupid f@#$ing headache to leave, and am hoping for good thoughts to arrive soon.
Any help/insight would be so greatly appreciate it.
Matt

Hi Matt and welcome. YOu will be kicked out rest assured of that. You are now considered damaged and unreliable. One other good thing to note? PTSD is not something you fix. you can learn over time to modify your lifestyle and to use medication to help or reduce your rage and depression but this is a lot like herpies. You have it for life.
Medication can help but it cant and wont fix you and enable you to function without. Your in for the long haul and the upside is you know you have it and can start working to make things better now. I waited over 20 years to start the work. Sorry to pee on your parade if I have but being honest about what to expect is something I feel you deserve.

lol yeah I am a brutal but honest bastard.
The upside is this site is filled with good people and info. Have you spent time on the video about stress? You need to see it ASAP it helps a lot with the understanding whats going on within.
Most of the guys in here are great but there is one arsewit named Jimmy that you should avoid. He is mean and talks down a lot to people. Kind like "your lordship and all that" Just kick him in the Jimmy and all is well. :)

lol Red.... Matt I got nothing to add to what Reddevil said... you got it, now find a way to deal with it.. there are good days there are days you wanna yank some skinny bastard out of the swimming pool and rub his face in the concrete... (true story... its aways back but I posted it here) I have some awesome friends here... sometimes I am at work and I get a call on my cell and it is "X" person from here.. I go outside and answer it and we deal with whatever it is...

Ironically I got an offer to sail a boat from FL to I think CA from a member here and dammit that sounds so tempting I am saving up my vacation days.. as in a sail boat.. Talk about therapy!!!

We all came from different walks of life, different services and different countries... but we all share one thing... and ya.. you know what it is....

Arsewit, that's one of the good names he calls me. Don't worry, I know nothing about PTSD mate. I will leave it to the professionals.

Welcome to the fold brother.

You will find after you have been on here a while that most of the guys talk crap and haven`t got a bloody clue.

The man you need to listen to is Alan. he is realy on the ball, and has taught Jimmy and Red and all the others everything they know.

You see, this is an interesting thread. Its now what... 28th August. Well it is where I am sat. And you all steam roller the guy, because its the way things are and "yeah you'll get kicked out" and "yeah, you are stuck with it"... The guy probably needed a softer approach for f**ks sake. And he hasn't replied to this thread. Well done, you all must be very proud.

He is a helicopter pilot, that means he can move feet, arms, speak, and think ALL at the same time.

He probably just needs a bit of TLC, not smashed across the head.

ahh, the sound of our resident guru.............

All praise Alan, all praise Alan

Attachments

• bowing smilie.gif
    bowing smilie.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back