• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi Folks - Newly Diagnosed December 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
S2C hello there - I love researching too - you sound very positive at the moment How does your son cope with this?

Hello Hannah,

I am positive at the moment, but I know the ebb and flow of this disorder will test the hope that's breathed me back to a better day.

My son...well, he seems to be holding up. He's asking lots of questions, he wants to understand. He talks things out with me...letting me know how he preceives things, how all of this has effected him. I've always encouraged him to not hold things in, unlike myself, he does a pretty good job at it, so I am encouraged by that.

Luckily, he doesn't do drugs, nor does he drink. He'd just soon write a song about what he's feeling, work out with a punching bag, take long walks down a country lane, be with his girlfriend, and play practical jokes every chance he gets.

He seems to be doing well enough, considering the circumstances.

Sounds really good he is a good support for you. I too have a son and dont know what I would have done without him going through the last few years.

he has shown real perspective when I faultered and has helped his dad see his behavior was really hurting us. He was firm and understood where I failed to get through.

Your son makes you laugh thats priceless isnt it. Take care

Yeah Hannah, he's been great support for me. I do believe it's very beneficial to laugh a lot during the day, and he provides that and unexpected bear hugs. It's fortunate for us that we have such wonderful children, some aren't so fortunate.

Thanks Nam. And I'm glad that I found the lot of you. I'm still reading the board and am almost ready to post outside this thread.

Welcome subjet2change :)
I'm so happy to hear that you have a good support system at home,
With knowledge, courage and strength things will get better for you

And always remember to take care of yourself,
Young&Angry

Thanks Young&Angry. Ya know, it's that last part that seems to get me almost every time...'taking care of myself'. I can stretch myself thin taking care of others, and ultimately forget amount my own well-being. Thanks for the reminder.

S2C

:hello: Hi! welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you are looking for here. Everyone here is very helpful and informative.

Have a ?, just ask away...

Best Wishes to you, sending hugs yr way...

D (wildcritter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back