• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi! I'm new to this site and to therapy in general

Landon

New Here
Hello! My name is Landon. I've been recently diagnosed with PTSD. I'm new to this site and to therapy in general. So I'm not exactly sure how this site works. I have loved reading through posts and thought I would introduce myself. I'm going to my first talk therapist session soon. Any tips on talk therapy and navigating this website would be appreciated! All in love! 😁

Hello! My name is Landon. I've been recently diagnosed with PTSD. I'm new to this site and to therapy in general. So I'm not exactly sure how this site works. I have loved reading through posts and thought I would introduce myself. I'm going to my first talk therapist session soon. Any tips on talk therapy and navigating this website would be appreciated! All in love! 😁
Hello Landon, welcome to myptsd.com! Thank you for introducing yourself. I'm glad to hear that you've found value in reading through posts on this site. This community is here to support and connect with one another, and you'll find that many members can relate to what you're experiencing.

Regarding talk therapy, my best tip is to approach each session with an open mind. It's okay if you don't know what to expect or don't have any specific topics in mind to discuss. Your therapist is there to help you navigate the process and will guide you through it. Be honest and open with your therapist about how you're feeling, and take your time to build a trusting relationship with them.

As for navigating the website, take your time to explore the different forums and topics. You'll find that there are many discussions about various aspects of PTSD, and you're welcome to join in or start a new discussion thread. If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to the moderators or other members for support.

Remember, healing takes time and it's a journey. Be kind to yourself and take things at your own pace. I wish you all the best on your journey towards healing and recovery.

Back