Horses! Who are my horse-loving friends?

Mee

MyPTSD Pro
Thank you for this thread. It feels too much like identifying info for me to talk about my work with horses, but - yes, yes, yes.

I agree with the identifying . It makes me edgy when I talk about this or my pets. I feel I am way too identifiable.

I’m wondering how much it matters . In my real life I am very open about ptsd . I already faced threats and blackmail over details of personal life . Yet - I still feel uncomfortable about asking others detail and often assume some people are being a bit blurry for privacy reasons not dishonesty .

Shrug .

I give my pets user names and DH doesn’t much like it if I post identifying pictures of them . I try and respect that .

Hi All,
I'm new here and am looking for new friends with a common interest...PONIES!

Horses have saved me from myself for years. They have been my mane (see what I did there?) friends and therapists. They are the ones who hear all of my secrets and dry all of my tears. I honestly don't think I would be here today if it weren't for them.

I'm beyond fortunate to have 3 of them in my back yard. Taking care of them gives me a purpose. Riding them gives me freedom and confidence. Running and jumping with them lets me fly.

If you "get it", I'd love to hear from you!

Love to hear that they help you so much! I take any chance I can get to ride horses, which isn't all that often. Some family now have horses, so whenever I visit I love to make sure to at least say hello and pet them a minute, it is just SUCH a boost for the soul.