Poll How much does your doc know of your trauma history?

Does your primary care doc know your trauma history?

• Yes, they know some of the details

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Yes, they only know what type (military, childhood abuse, etc)

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Missycat

MyPTSD Pro
I rarely see the same GP but i know its on my records that i have PTSD, anxiety , ocd, self harm etc and it does mention CSA. On a visit re my annual meds review, a GP once did ask if they could see where i SH to check i was looking after the wounds , she also asked that i see her again after 2 weeks just to see how i was getting on. I didn’t go back until i needed to about 7 months later and nothing was ever mentioned again ! GPs in NHS dont have time to deal with mental health and when i tell them or they see in my records that i have a therapist and psychiatrist that i see privately - they dont raise it! Which I'm ok with.
i had to get my med records earlier in the year and it upset me when i saw that on 2 seperate occasions - once when i was 14 ( after taking an overdose) and then when i went to the GP with insomnia, anxiety , headaches, zoning out etc in my 20’s - on both occasions the GP noted to refer me to a pyschologist- but nothing ever happened and nothing was said to me. It makes me angry that i could have had help so much earlier .

TruthSeeker

MyPTSD Pro
I've transferred GPs a number of times in my life. I don't tend to give them all the medical records. I have TBIs and epilepsy, and CPTSD, and that's way too much info for a NPractitioner.......so now I tried a consciere, an extra 300 a year, but I hoping that during Covid, she'll remember my name. I've had medical trauma, and so doctors aren't my thing. I do let my neurologist in on trauma (kinda had to when trauma stressors caused me seizures).....talking to the medical profession is a foggy experience but it's improved over time (except with neurologist-no fog there!).