• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I avoid things a lot. What do people do when they run into difficulties with this type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliana

Learning
I can really avoid anything that reminds me of the experience I had when I witness a horrible crime in the park. I recently was around something that reminded me of it that I tried to cope with because it was the reminder where happening in a club I really wanted to join. It was so distressing to be reminded of that experience that got so triggered I couldn't cope. So I left the club on bad terms with the leaders. I was avoiding the group that I was around when I witnessed a violent crime, a sexual assault. The police were not coming in to the park at the time. So I tried to tell people to leave for their own safety but someone did. Then a week later I did not see this part the man who sexual assaulted someone killed her and then himself. Since then I have asked member of that group to leave me alone I don't ever want to be around that. But members of that group have threatened physical harm to me and wished me luck not getting rapped. Sometime follow me around and were really mean to me about what happened. It is a police abolishing group. So some time pass then I tried to join this club and I really liked the club but I found out one of the leaders Juliette said that she was possiblely in that police abolishing group on social media. So I got really reminded of that truama and distressed. Now I still don't know if she is or isn't in that group I have all those problems with its a yes or a no either she is or she isn't. So now I am looking of clubs to join where I for sure cant see that group. But the only places I can think of where I would not see that group are in clubs I am not sure that I agree with completely.

There are a couple really good threads/articles on exactly this.

Will be coming back to this thread to post me’own’self in a bit… but wanted to at least kick over these resources.

There are a couple really good threads/articles on exactly this.

Will be coming back to this thread to post me’own’self in a bit… but wanted to at least kick over these resources.

I have that truama from being around a abolish the police group. I witnessed a act of sexual violence crime and some other really bad truamatizing stuff happened. That crime was not even the worst thing that happened. It was the worst thing I witnessed tho. I witnessing that crime re brought up being a survivor of sexual assult and a abusive relationship.

I asked that Abolish the police group to leave me alone many times and they have not really done so.

Triggers could help me get desensitized but, that doesn't mean people are allowed to triggering me if I asked them to stop more then once. If they do it's on them to stop doing that if I have communicated it. Especially if I am trying my best to manage the triggered. I just would prefer to never speak to see or have to be around anyone from that Abolish the police group again. The topic in general is triggering for me to be around. I do really support even though I have that truama Black lives matter and stuff. I just don't support the topic of abolish the police or that abolish the police group at all.

I have that truama from being around a abolish the police group. I witnessed a act of sexual violence crime and some other really bad truamatizing stuff happened. That crime was not even the worst thing that happened. It was the worst thing I witnessed tho. I witnessing that crime re brought up being a survivor of sexual assult and a abusive relationship.

I asked that Abolish the police group to leave me alone many times and they have not really done so.

Triggers could help me get desensitized but, that doesn't mean people are allowed to triggering me if I asked them to stop more then once. If they do it's on them to stop doing that if I have communicated it. Especially if I am trying my best to manage the triggered. I just would prefer to never speak to see or have to be around anyone from that Abolish the police group again. The topic in general is triggering for me to be around. I do really support even though I have that truama Black lives matter and stuff. I just don't support the topic of abolish the police or that abolish the police group at all.
Honestly just to say the impact being around that group has one my relationship with others stopped me from joining a zoom support group. But it's like not wrong to avoid because I should probably avoid thing that have cause me that serious of harm. But I like the idea of triggers can be a way to facilitate healing I guess I want just like more say over when that is happening. But I know that I can't keep that from happening at all time but if someone knows the trigger then it's important that they listen to me about not if I am getting to triggered for it to be healing.

if someone knows the trigger then it's important that they listen to me about not if I am getting to triggered for it to be healing.

my own triggers are not static. they morph and shift as wildly as the psychotic fogs they are igniting. other people coddling me around known triggers is as useful as putting oddball characters into the words from the hollywood censorship list. who the ^*^* do you think you're fooling with that bull****?

healing is an inside job. nobody can do it for me. when i use my triggers to light my healing path, they are guides to tell me where i need to ply my next round of healing measures. expecting other people to cater to my psycho snot knots and/or the trigger which set off the last round only exacerbates my control issues and further confuses the relationship.

but that is me and every case is unique. . .

gentle support while you sort your own case.

Last edited:
my own triggers are not static. they morph and shift as wildly as the psychotic fogs they are igniting. other people coddling me around known triggers is as useful as putting oddball characters into the words from the hollywood censorship list. who the ^*^* do you think you're fooling with that bull****?

healing is an inside job. nobody can do it for me. when i use my triggers to light my healing path, they are guides to tell me where i need to ply my next round of healing measures. expecting other people to cater to my psycho snot knots and/or the trigger which set off the last round only exacerbates my control issues and further confuses the relationship.

but that is me and every case is unique. . .

gentle support while you sort your own case.
I'm glad that works for you. I need to do internally healing also and I do. It looks different for me. My triggers and there on me isn't helpful and it makes me feel bad about myself. My triggers are pretty specific and that abolish the police group what I witnessed it really impacts my relationships with others negatively still. over and over. I need for social relationships I need the person to not trigger me over and over if I have asked them to stop. If I get to triggered I some times over messages, or share alot about the truama and I can get pretty emotionally intense. So I ask people not do that in relationships. If they can help it. Obviously I and no one can look out for everything so that no worried. Thanks for the gentle support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back