• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer I feel like I’m losing my mind. Stress has caused a huge flair-up of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needwings4

New Here
I’ve had a lot of stressful life events lately and the stress has caused a huge flair-up of everything. A huge relapse of my eating disorder. Flashbacks and nighty nightmares of my CSA. I’m just exhausted. I can’t eat. Afraid to sleep. Huge urge to self-harm. Idk what to do. I don’t have anyone I can talk to about this stuff. My marriage is suffering.
Yep. That’s me lol

Hi @Needwings4 , that's more or less me too, lol. Welcome to you. There are a lot of good articles (at the top of the page there is a tab called ARTICLES), such as The PTSD Cup Explanation.

I hope being here will help and bring you support, and I am sorry for what you went through and the difficulty it's causing now.

ETA, and 'relapse' is a pretty accurate word, I think. I understand. That itself is mind-shaking.

Last edited:
Hi @Needwings4, welcome to the site. I'm currently losing my mind also! So your in the right forum! Haha! I'm sorry for what happened to you and the stress your currently experiencing. If you use the "contact us" button in the main menu then the moderators should be able to help highlight some useful articles.

there are lots of supportive people here. Best wishes S3🙂.

Hi @Needwings4 , that's more or less me too, lol. Welcome to you. There are a lot of good articles (at the top of the page there is a tab called ARTICLES), such as The PTSD Cup Explanation.

I hope being here will help and bring you support, and I am sorry for what you went through and the difficulty it's causing now.
Thank you. I hate that you know the feeling! It sucks when you have so many negative coping skills that are addictive. Everything just compounds! I will definitely check out that article. Try to take care of yourself.

Hi @Needwings4, welcome to the site. I'm currently losing my mind also! So your in the right forum! Haha! I'm sorry for what happened to you and the stress your currently experiencing. If you use the "contact us" button in the main menu then the moderators should be able to help highlight some useful articles.

there are lots of supportive people here. Best wishes S3🙂.
Thank you. Sorry you’re having a hard time also. Take care 🫂

@Needwings4 , something came to me today, after many, many years. I am not one to notice not eating, and sometimes even negative coping mechanisms are better than alternatives.

Yesterday, I ate about 6" x8" of iced chocolate (added iron) cake, 3 lbs of wine gums, 2 mini choc bars, and about a 1/2 cup of pb, and about 10 cookies. (Yes, I know how gross it sounds. And no, I'm not diabetic but my kidneys aren't great). I actually slept without nightmares or night sweats, and that may alone have helped a bit. But also know I was triggered. I saw this today:

And I know triggering and fight-or-flight go hand in hand for me.

@Needwings4 , something came to me today, after many, many years. I am not one to notice not eating, and sometimes even negative coping mechanisms are better than alternatives.

Yesterday, I ate about 6" x8" of iced chocolate (added iron) cake, 3 lbs of wine gums, 2 mini choc bars, and about a 1/2 cup of pb, and about 10 cookies. (Yes, I know how gross it sounds. And no, I'm not diabetic but my kidneys aren't great). I actually slept without nightmares or night sweats, and that may alone have helped a bit. But also know I was triggered. I saw this today:

And I know triggering and fight-or-flight go hand in hand for me.
🤔 interesting. Maybe I need some more sugar. My blood sugars have been low lately. However that ED voice just won’t let me eat anything with sugar. Only sugar I’m getting is from alcohol. I drink to try to push past the nightmares to get some sleep. Doesn’t work though. Drinking helps me fall asleep faster but I still wake up from the nightmares 🤦🏻‍♀️
I’m really at my wits end.

🤔 interesting. Maybe I need some more sugar. My blood sugars have been low lately. However that ED voice just won’t let me eat anything with sugar. Only sugar I’m getting is from alcohol. I drink to try to push past the nightmares to get some sleep. Doesn’t work though. Drinking helps me fall asleep faster but I still wake up from the nightmares 🤦🏻‍♀️
I’m really at my wits end.
Alcohol is actually really bad for your sleep patterns. I know from experience bcos I'm a recovering alcoholic.

Alcohol is actually really bad for your sleep patterns. I know from experience bcos I'm a recovering alcoholic.
Lol logically I know this but idk it just seems to help. Very temporarily but at this point I’ll take any relief I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back