• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other I saw my abuser talking on TV last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this stuff in my humble opinion is about this . Slave and owner. Sex is part of it but it’s not sexual per se, it’s dominance.

Im sorry you saw your abuser. I hope you can get her out of your head somehow. I am living with mine. She plays the role. That’s because of re enactment and for me the pattern just continues.

Psyops. Psychological manipulation and abuse. It might not look terrible on the surface but it’s real.
So sorry to know you are still living with yours. I am not any more, almost two decades ago, but she is still more present in my life than some important people that are real and present.
It's complex, and as you say, it's terrible.

About manipulation and dominance, yep

So sorry to know you are still living with yours. I am not any more, almost two decades ago, but she is still more present in my life than some important people that are real and present.
It's complex, and as you say, it's terrible.

About manipulation and dominance, yep
It’s a manner of speaking or a way of describing? I said it, I still live with mine, but in a figure. : ). Like battered women’s syndrome. I’m not battered ! I just always find myself back in the same place regardless of how hard I try and end up somewhere else.

It’s a manner of speaking or a way of describing? I said it, I still live with mine, but in a figure. : ). Like battered women’s syndrome. I’m not battered ! I just always find myself back in the same place regardless of how hard I try and end up somewhere else.
I understand you now :) yes, it's deeply ingrained. I also have battle a lot to get her out of my system. I wonder if the only thing I can do is to live with her while I am recovering my own sense of identity?
Must be possible, its such a toxic influence..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back