• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I'm New Here...Wife of PTSD Vet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum Nikki and seriously, lovely to have you both. Do please visit the Carers section as Veiled suggests, also the Information sections are quite helpful to learn more about this illness. I hope to chat with you both more in future.

I am new here too Jarheadwife. I too seen and been through some bad things in the military. My wife said to me not too long ago she was afraid of me.. I was shocked I never would hurt my wife. Never! But what she said to me hit hard... I was hurting her. with my actions and burst of anger I don't know why I do that. I do know I need help and I am going to the VA. Please be safe. I know others that were in the same boat.. sorry if I am out of bounds here I tried not to say anything wrong.

seabee, please check out the info section, damn near any tool you need is there to get better, but only if applied, and yes, we know it is a bitch to start. Maybe start with the anger management? And we are all here to help guide you as we have been where you are.

Dear Nikki,
Think of yourself before you started receiving meds, what was your life like? Now think of your husband without meds. It is imperative that you get your husband into some kind of group therapy (the VA or a Vet Center) where he can relate to others in his condition. This will probably be the most difficult task in your life because the Marine Corps drives the no pain concept into each recruit. This is great for a combat situation but not for a home life. At least you are trying to understand which is a plus. I've been married twice and neither of my wives could grasp the concept PTSD. It was simple to say it's all in your head and sad part is, they were right.:dontknow:. It is in your head but if treated in time there can be a positive outcome. As long as there is no abuse try to stick with this grunt. If he refuses treatment then it's time to ask yourself if "I'd rather be alone, than wish I were"
Semper Fi (always faithful) Namvet:thumbs-up

You've found a good place
wish i found this place ealier may the my wife and kids wouldn't havn't nicked me Grumpy Bear or Mister or Sir G.B
Last service was C.F.B as civi Koslovo Refeilf for three months and then, in for other4 three. the dam bulldozers sent sent me a letter saying some of chaps we're having trouble clickinking again
i has really a 1111 when i came home Noc
i thank your husband for his service

Welcome

:hello: Hi Nikki,

I am the spouse of an Army Ranger. He has PTSD.

He did classified missions. He won't talk to anyone about what happened. Because he signed papers that if he did talk the military could put him in jail.

He is getting help from the VA. Their ups and downs from second to second are frightening to say the least. I agree with the vets that said he is "still over there" ! It's sad to say they train our men and women for war and send them away. BUT they don't train them to come back to civilian life, they just turn heavily trained soldiers back in to civilians and expect them to handle it. :crazy:

Hang in there, take care of yourself and kids. That is very important.
:Hug_emoticon:
hugs to you and the kids

Take Care
Donna
aka/wildcritter

Hi Nikki,

I am new here too, and I am sure you will find some answers, and some suggestions, and most importantly you will not feel alone anymore !

My boyfriend has been seeing doctors for the past 3 years (vet hospital) and I know he is not out of the woods yet (might never be like he was) this is something we have to accept. But ! my boyfriend is getting much better, and so will your husband ! My boyfriend found help after so many years of wondering, maybe it will go smoother since for your husband it has not been so long !

Hang in there, show him your love and be patient and offer him your shoulders to cry on, cause there will be lots of tears ! He will need you !

Good luck !

I found a book called
Change your Brain, Change your Life.
The doctor is a psychiatrist who uses SPECT scanning of the brain and you can actually SEE where the blood is flowing or not to the five centers he describes. Based on this scan, he can then prescribe some meds more accurately than with the hit and miss version of treatment.
I really feel for you as I have the blow ups also, but not near as often as your husband. Fortunately, my partner knows this about me and is pretty tolerant.
I just know that as time goes on, once I was diagnosed with PTSD, that I am getting less angrier and confrontational. But it is taking the efforts of this new "team".
Maybe the chaplain can conduct some sort of "intervention".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back