• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

It's Been a While - Back Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamboni

Learning
This is Zamboni. I never in my wildest dreams thought that PTSD was so real. I haven't been here in some time. I am a strong individual, three awesome children, great job. And this relapse is very hard. I almost am not able to function. Dreams, and depression. I finally went to my MD to get some meds, which I didn't want to do, but i hope that it works. It is making me very sick.

So I just wanted to say hi, and that I am not going to quit, again.

Have a nice evening,

Zam

I hope you can find what you need here again. We joined at the same time. This forum has given me a new life even though it did get worse before better. Even when you think it cannot. Get what you can here and glad to see you back.

Zam,

I just joined, but wanted to add my 2 cents....Yup sucks to be us, sucks to be here. I quit on me at least 100 times before I really started to work on me. Eventually we get there.

Hang in there,

Wen

Hey Zam, welcome back. Yep... funny thing that PTSD... its with us for life. We have a lifetime of constantly keeping ourselves in check mate in order to maintain our our health and lifestyle. The good thing is though, is that you went immediately for help, well done.

I need some pointers

OK. I would like if possible, some direction as what to do next. I am on meds and what now.

-Zam

Welcome Zam.

Okay well firstly, it will take a few weeks to have any benefits from the medications.

Secondly, do you have a therapist? If you don't you should consider seeking one out. Find one with experience with trauma (a must for us.)

Also do you have any books on PTSD? I Can't Get Over it and The PTSD Workbook are the two most common that we use.

Also look through the Information sections on the forum as there is a lot of stuff in there that could help you.

Also read the Trauma section (the starter threads specifically) to get an idea of what others are doing with exposure therapy.

Hope that helps some!
bec

Thanks Becvan

I am going to go back to one that I used before. On Thursday. I still feel terrible on the medication and sleep is still random. I will look for those books.
Also, do I just post what I am thinking or feeling?

-Zam

Zamboni,

You can post what you're feeling, you can do a trauma diary in that section, you can start on the Road Interview, by doing that and getting some direction as to what you need to work on, anywhere and anything you need or want to do is here. Just scout around.....

Sorry that you're having a tough time of things....

Wendy

ps...Bec is so right, get a shrink or therapist that has training in either PTSD or trauma...So important......Actually I think it's vital.....

Do you feel terrible still? Any improvement? What exactly are you taking? If you still feel terrible why take it? Any downsides on top of symptoms? Just wanting to know how they are helping.

Type what you think and feel. The most important part is get it out so others can help you look in.

Hi again,

Hi Veiled,

I have a very, very, short fuse. I notice it and I am trying to curb the response. I still cannot concentrate and am somewhat dispondant. I believe it is the medication. I do wonder if I should taper off.

I am still having a hard time at sleep and I have been reading a lot. I posted a very good web site and I have read some very long articles and it all makes so much sense.

I want to work on this. I can see back to my whole life and see what has happened, intellectually, however, emotionally, still shutdown. I have an appointment with therapist tomorrow and know that I will be tough, but that is the way it is.

I still an very anxious and forgetful. But there is hope. I thank you for your comments. And hope you are well.

-Zam

I looked in the trauma section. Oh my gosh. It is overwelming. She Cat? How do I go there and write it down? I know now why I have run from the issues...

- Zam

Hi Zam,

Yes it is overwhelming in the trauma section. It took me a couple of months to get into really reading some of the others threads.....

I think it would be best if you ask Veiled or becvan about posting. I'm not sure if you have to wait a certain time or if you can just post your own thread. I can't remember....LOL!!!!!!! I think that you can just post, but I guess it's always best to ask first when you are a newbie.....

Hang in there....You will be ok..

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back