• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Last movie or tv series you watched?

Dh and I have watched two movies in two days - the unforgivable which was ok to good and swan song which was brilliant but really upset me. I was in pieces by the end and very unsettled. If you are of stern stuff it is good - I am no longer ‘stern stuff’

Don't Look Up. Watching this great cast at work was very enjoyable, the thought that the characters they were portraying weren't being satired all that much was no fun at all.
If Al Gore hadn't drowned his global warming movie in falacious thought and reasoning errors, it might have moved the needle a bit more than it did. This movie never makes you look at global warming unless you drew that conclusion on your own, and there wasn't any head nodding or subtleties about the real intent of the film that I saw in the first viewing. Definitely no bar graph misrepresentation of scale that required a man lift and a really long pointer.

I was OK with skirting the issue and making the movie stories global threat more black and white than the global warming threat, but I truly enjoyed the mirror this movie held up to our society and made us look at how we handle global threats in the real world. It wasn't pretty but it was very much an uncomfortable, if not inconvenient, truth to take away from this movie.

If for no other reason than wanting to watch the ineffective, self-involved, and egotistical POTUS character portrayed by Meryl Streep herself- Watch This Movie.

I am having great difficulty getting interested in a movie and maintaining an attention span longer than 10 minutes. I have started several movies and have not finished them, such as "Replica", and "Coming Home in the Dark". I am going thru a bit of burnout, I just can't stay interested, but will keep trying.

Mindhunter. dropped in on my wife watching like the third episode or so, dialogue is sharp and well-written, characters believable. If it was about watching paint dry it would be watchable with those critera met. Rare for me to find them these days.

Back