• šŸ’– [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] šŸ’– Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Last movie or tv series you watched?

I started the series DCI Banks and I'm enjoying it.

J continues to watch Ancient Aliens. I can't believe they have been on for 17 seasons. Has anyone else watched it? It drives me crazy!! I don't know if he actually likes the show or just the fact that it calms him down. šŸ¤”

I started the series DCI Banks and I'm enjoying it.

J continues to watch Ancient Aliens. I can't believe they have been on for 17 seasons. Has anyone else watched it? It drives me crazy!! I don't know if he actually likes the show or just the fact that it calms him down. šŸ¤”
That's weird because I watch "ancient aliens" aswell. Not because I believe it but it just calms me down for some reason.

Has anyone else watched it? It drives me crazy!! I don't know if he actually likes the show or just the fact that it calms him down. šŸ¤”
I get irrationally furious about all of the WICKED COOL AMAZING feats achieved by ancient civilisations that are blown off as ā€œYoure too stupid -grunt grunt drool caveman grug- to have built these monuments! Clearly aliens had to have been involved.ā€

But thatā€™s the archaeology student in me.

It doesnā€™t matter how much evidence of exactly how people back when did something, nooooooooā€¦ anyone from ancient civilisations (that often lasted thousands of years, rivaled Ancient Egypt/Greece/Rome/China, had trade routs spanning continents)? Yoo Dum Dum.

Brick wall. Bang. Head.

Not even cavemen-cavemen were the idiots car insurance ads & pop culture portrays them, but people from a civilization with a population in the hundreds of thousands to millions, and cities in the tens of thousands? Not. Cave. Men.

((And donā€™t even get me started on the Neanderthal bitā€¦ where we not only get pale skin, blue eyes, and red/blonde hair fromā€¦ so the brown lumps of grug-grug-dum-dum mud creatures depicted by ignorant artists and movie studios can take a flying f*cking leap.. sorry. Point being? The first cities we thought were ā€œoursā€ because of how advanced they were, and how much artwork was thereā€¦ Theirs. Yep. Neanderthals building cities. And creating sculptures, jewelry, frescos, glass, metal, the lot. Thereā€™s even quite a bit of scientific debate as to if artistic and musical talent comes solely from interbreeding with Neanderthalsā€¦ which is what happened, by the by. They didnā€™t die out. Theyā€™re still here. Itā€™s just that homo sapien sapien genes are more dominant, so we ā€œlookā€ more sapien than Neanderthal. Long bones, flat faces, etc. The debate about artistic talent? Is a DNA one. As most of the genes associated with artistic and musical ability havenā€™t been locatedā€¦ but the ones that have? Theirs. >.< Whoops. And this is me NOT going off on the Neanderthal rant. <whistling> To be fair, I wasnā€™t shouting and waving my arms, and it didnā€™t last for 2 or 3 hours? So it could be worse???))

Snickerā€¦ and then (but wait! For only $19.99)ā€¦.thereā€™s just the tricks-of-photography. Like some of the giant lithographs built on plains where ā€œno one could see themā€. Umā€¦ turn the camera around, and, yep. Thatā€™s a mountain youā€™re standing on. Everyone could see them.

The thing is? Shows like this last for 17 seasons because people are actually interested in this stuff. But rather than be honest about what we actually know (and have known for a long time, like 50+ years in a lot of cases)? No, no, noā€¦ letā€™s put a chick in a bikini on a sports car to sell it! Ooooooh. It must be ALIENS.

grumble grumble grumble.

((Iā€™m not actually angry right now, even if Iā€™m still half going off on a rant. But I lose it when it comes on the TV. Like, shouting at it, like they can hear me level of ā€œHon? Did you bang your head, again?ā€ crazy person land šŸ˜…))

Last edited:
I learned more from you, Friday than I did from the dozens of episodes I have seen. Can you explain the pyramids? Some of those boulders were up to 5 tons. It truly is amazing!

@Survivor3, he watches all kinds of documentaries. There are many days he isn't able to sleep and they calm him enough to actually doze off. They also help to ease his thoughts. They let him think about other things besides.....trauma.

It doesnā€™t matter how much evidence of exactly how people back when did something, nooooooooā€¦ anyone from ancient civilisations (that often lasted thousands of years, rivaled Ancient Egypt/Greece/Rome/China, had trade routs spanning continents)? Yoo Dum Dum.
No.. no... couldn't be that. Must have been aliens that brought coco plants to ancient Egypt.....and taught Mayans and Egyptions to build pyramids. šŸ˜ Come on it's easy if you try.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Just turn off conscious thought and explain anything you don't understand as aliens. šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«šŸ„“

Restoration Garage a Canadian car show.

Following up on the alien thing, I watched Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind the other day, which is really focused on global consciousness - it's fascinating.

Today I re-watched Pleasantville. Got terrible reviews when it first came out, but I've always liked it.

Back