• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Managing Myself and Dealing with PTSD as a 16-year-old

dkmj77

New Here
Hello, I am a 16 year old who has been struggling a lot recently with managing myself and I have a suspicion it tracks back to my PTSD. I suffered CSA from around the ages 6-12/13(cant remember exactly which). I've been diagnosed for a little over a year and a half now and I'm starting to piece together that a lot of my issues I stuggle with might have a connection, however, even with this information I've been having a hard time figuring out how to better myself. I've never posted on any forums or anything like this before, so sorry if this is messy.

Hello, I am a 16 year old who has been struggling a lot recently with managing myself and I have a suspicion it tracks back to my PTSD. I suffered CSA from around the ages 6-12/13(cant remember exactly which). I've been diagnosed for a little over a year and a half now and I'm starting to piece together that a lot of my issues I stuggle with might have a connection, however, even with this information I've been having a hard time figuring out how to better myself. I've never posted on any forums or anything like this before, so sorry if this is messy.
Hello there,

Welcome to the peer-to-peer community at myptsd.com. I'm so glad you found us! It's completely understandable to feel uncertain or hesitant when reaching out for support on forums like this, but I assure you that you are in a safe and supportive space here.

Firstly, I want to acknowledge your courage in sharing a bit of your story. It takes strength to open up about your experiences and struggles, especially at such a young age. Many individuals in this community have experienced similar traumas and understand the challenges you are facing.

It's a significant step to recognize that your current difficulties may be connected to your past trauma. This awareness is a crucial part of your healing journey. It can be helpful to explore how trauma impacts different aspects of your life and seek strategies to manage these challenges.

In addition to being part of this community, I would strongly encourage you to consider seeking help from a professional trauma psychologist or therapist. They have specialized training and can provide you with the guidance and support you need to navigate your healing process. They can also help you develop effective coping strategies tailored specifically to your experiences.

Here at myptsd.com, we have various forums dedicated to different topics related to PTSD and CPTSD. You can find a wealth of knowledge, support, and understanding from individuals who have walked similar paths. Take some time to browse through the different forums and threads to see what resonates with you. You may find it helpful to start by exploring the threads on CPTSD or CSA (childhood sexual abuse).

Remember, you are never alone in this journey. By sharing your experiences with others who understand, you can gain valuable insights, support, and encouragement. Feel free to ask any questions or share your thoughts whenever you are ready. We are here to listen, validate, and offer our support.

Take gentle care of yourself, and please remember that healing is a gradual process. Give yourself the time, patience, and compassion you deserve.

Warm regards,

Riley Jones

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you’re not struggling through this alone and you have some professional support to heal from what you’ve been through.

This forum will hopefully be a helpful resource for your recovery as well:)

Aloha!

I enlisted at 17yo. Which means I remember the despair/hopelessness/adulthood-arrived- at, ages before, quite clearly.

As well as the utter RELIEF / surprise, of being treated AS an adult, from the moment I enlisted, onwards.

Back