• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

medical marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theasylumsystem

Confident
Tomorrow is my first appointment with a psychiatrist in Illinois where weed has become completely legal and I was wondering if I should bring up getting a medical card? My therapist has recommended it along with my other medications and I was wondering if anyone else has one and if it helps? Any information would be awesome! Thank you in advance!! Have a great day!

Good points @Freddyt . 👍

In the years I used mmj I used those strategies though I never took a real tolerance break. I'm still not using but am tempted to use something at night because I'm having trouble with sleep. RSO works really well and lasts a long time in the system. Maybe I will grab a couple joints to see if it helps with getting to sleep.

Thanks for the tips F!
One other thing you could try is CBN. It is said to promote relaxation and sleep. I haven't tried it as yet.

What I am using now is vape cartridges, very high THC content but it is full spectrum extract and I am probably at the lowest usage level in a while. 2-3 puffs and I'm usually good.

I just got an mail from one of my medical suppliers to a radio/youtube series called Aging Better with Cannabis hosted by Gord Martineau. There are two episodes available now an two more to come. I found them very interesting and informative.
Canadian research over the last few years since legalization has been free and unencumbered and because they are not forced to use 20 year old G13 cannabis like a recent study published in the NEJM they are gaining real insight into how cannabis works.
Yes, you have a cannabinoid system.

I am in a state where MJ is still illegal, though they usually don't harass ya if it is a small amount for personal use. However, if they decide that it is excessive they can write ya a ticket. This is not too shabby but I need medical grade MJ and so do a lot of other people here. MJ prohibition is blocking people who are ill from receiving medicine that works for them. Prohibition is stupid. However, I must say I have been an MJ connasuer for approximately 48 years, back in the '70s my thumb and index finger had golden tips, I am not a newbie, and this is not my first rodeo. There is still much for me to learn about with medical MJ, but I do have some experience with cannabis. It may not work for everyone but it helps me tremendously with insomnia, pain, stress, racing thoughts, and I have been grieving so it also helps as an appetite stimulant.

I have one question if Ky senators want more research, why don't they talk to Isreal because they seem to be the leaders in marijuana research.

Hello there. I’m about to start taking MM to cure my anxiety. Nervous.
Most important things to me are:
- Keep a journal - note effects of different treatments.
- Keep a journal - track usage.

Because the potential for misuse stems more from tolerance than any other factor. Tracking use, using tolerance breaks, finding multiple strains that work well, are all important to keeping from ending up at abuse.

i went in, i came back. not for everyone, but it sure works for some people and it would be a shame to pass up something that would have worked for you based just on my experience. I am glad i could look at it objectively, and i know i made the right choice to leave this one and keep looking. I really was disappointed that it wasnt a good fit, it would have been something to have in common with a lot of people i know and like, it does have a social aspect that the pharmacy stuff doesnt. Does anyone hang out with their Neurontin friends?

What about when marijuana gives you anxiety? Heh. I'm always so jealous/annoyed because it's legal in my country and as a treatment? Utterly ineffective for me && opens up my head & takes my brain & throws it in the garbage every time. Horrible DP/DR. Usually wind up in the back of an ambo. Feckin' marijuana. Could'a skipped the hydro/perc addiction altogether! But, neh, that's addict brain. Prolly would'a anyway. Snork.

What about when marijuana gives you anxiety?
Some of that is how much too. Micro dosing (just like it sounds, very small doses) is becoming popular too.

One of the things to remember is we bred cannabis to have high THC and low CBD where in landrace strains (the original unmodified plant) they exist in near balance.
This is because CBD modifies THC's effects and doesn't get you as "high".

I have had better success with THC products rated at 10 - 12% than the max 30% THC. Plus I use CBD, 1.5 ml of 20% oil three times a day as well, which means getting less "stoned" and feeling less paranoid when using. Balanced products, equal amounts of THC and CBD are a great way to avoid paranoia.

As for THC - it's as needed, so sometimes regularly, sometimes not for a week or more. It's mostly a sleep aid for me.

I like being informed and have read 10-20 books on cannabis. I could write a small guide on it but at the most basic:

- find a cannabis doctor. A real cannabis doctor who can help guide you to the right products and course of treatment, not just a doctor that prescribes it for "medical" patients because it makes the cannabis legal for the user.

- do your own due diligence. Learn about what you are using. Blindly using cannabis without knowing something is like just swallowing any pills your doctor gives you. You are the one who suffers when things go wrong. Being able to discuss and try different products and treatment plans with you cannabis doctor gives you more treatment options and a better chance of success.

- Track, track, track, track, track. Giving feedback to your cannabis doctor is hugely important. Making sure your usage doesn't creep up because of tolerance is important. Tracking what happens when you change treatment is important. Tracking effects and effectiveness of changing products is important.

I use two tools, a Goldleaf Patients Journal, and a Moleskine Notebook. The patient journal has products, effects, effectiveness, what gives me paranoia, what doesn't. The moleskine tracks how much and when. Because you can get tolerant to THC, treat it like opioids and make sure your usage doesn't start creeping up over time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back