• All donations and upgrades are manually verified and approved within 24hrs.
  • Upgrades are ongoing. Learn how to save your bookmarked posts.

Mentally abusive parent causing depression and anxiety.

joeylittle

Administrator
Some resources:

The Boys Town National Hotline isn't just for boys - it's a US resource for both teens and parents.
1-800-448-3000, 24/7.
Text: VOICE to 20121
Email: [email protected]

Childhelp National Child Abuse Helpline
Text or call: 1-800-422-4453
Page I've linked will also take you to some info on emotional abuse, and a chat feature.

California Coalition for Youth crisis line:
1-800-843-5200
There's a chat feature on their site (linked above). I don't think you actually have to be a California resident to contact them - I'm familiar with their policy platform, and feel OK recommending them.

None of these have an active religious affiliation, to be best of my knowledge. Boys Town was founded by a Catholic priest, but has no affiliation with the Catholic church.

I'm assuming you're in the US.

You don't need to be right in the middle of a life-or-death situation to reach out to a crisis line. They can be great resources for someone to just talk with, or support. If making a call feels too risky, text or chat or email are all options.

Thread starter #14
Some resources:

The Boys Town National Hotline isn't just for boys - it's a US resource for both teens and parents.
1-800-448-3000, 24/7.
Text: VOICE to 20121
Email: [email protected]

Childhelp National Child Abuse Helpline
Text or call: 1-800-422-4453
Page I've linked will also take you to some info on emotional abuse, and a chat feature.

California Coalition for Youth crisis line:
1-800-843-5200
There's a chat feature on their site (linked above). I don't think you actually have to be a California resident to contact them - I'm familiar with their policy platform, and feel OK recommending them.

None of these have an active religious affiliation, to be best of my knowledge. Boys Town was founded by a Catholic priest, but has no affiliation with the Catholic church.

I'm assuming you're in the US.

You don't need to be right in the middle of a life-or-death situation to reach out to a crisis line. They can be great resources for someone to just talk with, or support. If making a call feels too risky, text or chat or email are all options.

Thank you. I have contacted them.

Top Bottom