• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Morning Terrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaworthy

Confident
I woke up this morning in a familiar state of terror. I do my best to get an awareness or even dialogue with whatever this state represents in terms of past Traumatic events. I'm finding that if I can get a picture of the horrid feeling, I can use that as my target incident in my EMDR. I want to run and ingest a substance or prescription, not to suppress the experience, but to feel mastery over it.

I feel frozen, motionless, in a state of shock. It reminds me when of the point in infliction of compounded Traumas that I finally snapped and became a captive of my perpetrators and no longer resisted them...even joined them. I feel like I've completely lost the mastery of execution of my own self-will. I had to rely on my unstable, sadistic perpetrators to 'let me be safe'; I had to go limp and block out the horrible sense of never being safe (anxiety) that I felt with being dependent on what was not dependable.

seaworthy

Hi Seaworthy

I'm sorry that you are going thru this. I hope you are doing better today. Please know that I am here for you if you'd like to chat or pm.

Take care
BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back