• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Moving in sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have problems with acting out what's happening during dreams? Sometimes I will dream someone is fighting me and actually kick (mostly), but occasionally punch. Once I dreamed I was being chased and fell onto the floor. Is this "normal" with ptsd?

Yep. Hubby says just last night I was fighting in my sleep and kept smacking him.
I used to jump out of bed in a total panic but when I woke up would have no idea why

Well I guess I could say that's reassuring, but I think it's more of a confirmation. I was curious because it can be a sign of Parkinsons...

<laughing> This is when I go sleep on the couch or stairs, when I’m sharing a bed with someone... or ...remove absolutely everything within lurching distance that could be used as a weapon if I’m by myself or not.

It’s been awhile since I had to do either.

My lesser versions have had my Rx’able family feeding or jabbing me morphine in my sleep when I’m at theirs (apparently I look/sound quite pained) on one end of the spectrum; or annoy the bejazus out of my teenage son (You’re a giant cat/dog/creature thing. Just twitching! And lashing out. And LOUD. Stop it.) but amuse the hell out of everyone else, on the other end.

Most commonly in nightmare cycles, though, I just WAKE UP! drenched in sweat/swear. No one but me the wiser to my dreaming.

Does anyone have problems with acting out what's happening during dreams? Sometimes I will dream someone is fighting me and actually kick (mostly), but occasionally punch. Once I dreamed I was being chased and fell onto the floor. Is this "normal" with ptsd?
I do that sometimes. I'll be chewing something I wake up still doing the that until I'm fully awake. Then I startle awake abruptly. When I am fully awake, I feel embarrassed .

Yep. Hubby says just last night I was fighting in my sleep and kept smacking him.
I used to jump out of bed in a total panic but when I woke up would have no idea why
Freida, many years ago, when I was having hearing issues, I'd have just fallen asleep and think someone was calling me for help. I'd leap out of bed sweaty and panicking ready to answer the call, just to realize no one was calling me. I did that for a couple of years.

That happened to me a few times when I was in dispatch training...I'd swear I'd be on a 911 line and totally screwed up a call lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back