• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer My PTSD - Abused By Dad With Schizophrenia

• Thread starter Deleted member 48892
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48892

I am a PTSD sufferer I got diagnosed this year it’s all new to me I don’t know when am coming or going every day is a struggle most things trigger my PTSD here’s a bit bout my life I was mentally and physically abused by my dad my my dad suffered with schizophrenia I don’t know of any other illness I am currently seeking help with a care team which does help but today I woke up in a dark mood I feel Suicidal I Have a partner but I always push them away because it always leads me to anger what I carnt control when it gets past a point l was just wondering if anybody has been in the same circumstances thanks for taking the time to read this.

thanks for the reply Ino I really need help with it.

I’m glad you found these forums :hug: You said you were diagnosed recently — are you also in therapy? That will help you begin to work on your isolation and anger, as well as suicidal thoughts.

Always remember to call emergency services if you need immediate help, of course :)

Hello @Davidfletcher - welcome to the forums.

There are many members here who have suffered physical and mental abuse and are traumatised by either one or both of their parents. You are not alone.

The care team that help you out.. are you able to call them whenever you feel your moods are overwhelming you? Please reach out to those closest to you and let them know how you are feeling.

See you about.

Welcome to the forums!

My mom is schizophrenic and use to beat the he%l ( I mean, the Hel%) out of us when we were little as well ( also verbal abuse) My dad was just abusive ( I think he may have been bipolar) I feel for u but it does gets better. Are you on any medication? In therapy?

Last edited:
I’m glad you found these forums :hug: You said you were diagnosed recently — are you also in therapy? That will help you begin to work on your isolation and anger, as well as suicidal thoughts.

Always remember to call emergency services if you need immediate help, of course :)

hello yeh am just waiting to get a new psycologist because me other couldnt handle me after 2 sesions am currently taking my mirtazapine for over a year which realy helps and just started quetiapine~.

Welcome to the forums!

My mom is schizophrenic and use to beat the he%l ( I mean, the Hel%) out of us when we were little as well ( also verbal abuse) My dad was just abusive ( I think he may have been bipolar) I feel for u but it does gets better. Are you on any medication? In therapy?
am sory to hear that deanna ive been threw alot of that my self i dont rember much bout my dad but every time i seen him i ran away as fast as i can i use to wee my pants becasue i was that scared of him ive got so many phobias becasue of what i mum and dad done to me .

Hello @Davidfletcher - welcome to the forums.

There are many members here who have suffered physical and mental abuse and are traumatised by either one or both of their parents. You are not alone.

The care team that help you out.. are you able to call them whenever you feel your moods are overwhelming you? Please reach out to those closest to you and let them know how you are feeling.

See you about.
hi blackmerald1 yeh ive got a suport of my partner but some times she doesnt no what to say and yeh i can call my care worker which helps alot when i feel suicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back