• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Nightmare about abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinkorSwim

MyPTSD Pro
I was sexual abused when I was 7 years old. I am currently in therapy trying to process through everything. Last night I had a nightmare where I was my current age 31 and there was an adult girl who was trying to take advantage of me. I kept trying to lock the door but she was stronger than me. It then ended up with somehow guys coming into the picture and taking advantage of me. Which happened when I was 7. I feel like I can't get a break lately. I was anxious all day yesterday because of it. What is this nightmare trying to tell me?

Sometimes nightmares are just our brain's way of processing trauma, and they don't mean anything other than you are healing. My therapist is fond of saying that nightmares are a sign that you need to process trauma while awake.

Sorry you had such an awful sounding dream! Wishing you a good nights rest

I was sexual abused when I was 7 years old. I am currently in therapy trying to process through every...

My anxiety and nightmares have a way of picking at old wounds. Maybe at times like a cattle prod forcing me to process my old emotional wounds at faster rates than I'd prefer or am able. It's annoying, but I try to be gentle with myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back