• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer On a healing journey with C-PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It;s amazing that a diagnosis of something like C-PTSD can be such a positive thing. After more than 60 years of suffering in various states of confusion/depression/anxiety/self-destructive behaviours I finally feel validated. My traumas were both very early in life, my mother was suffered from schizophrenia even before I was born, as well as other traumatic events during the course of my childhood and adulthood, separation from family, survived house fire in which a sister was killed, teenage pregnancy and abusive marriage. But as strange as it may sound it took over 60 years for a wonderful psychiatrist to recognize and diagnose my disorder and start me in therapy. I have had years of symptoms including 3 major Clinical depressions and a lifetime of maladaptive behaviour and the resulting consequences. I am here to help my healing process along in between and in addition to my therapy, and who knows perhaps help someone else to feel less alone. And also to be somewhere where I don't have to pretend to be okay. I have not yet developed the courage to 'out' my mental illness so it is a great relief not to have to work so hard to just be 'normal'.
Thanks for being here.

Welcome to the neighborhood! Even though the reasons that got you here really suck, glad you found this compassionate space to connect with others who, albeit unfortunately, "get it". Make yourself at home. ❤

It;s amazing that a diagnosis of something like C-PTSD can be such a positive thing. After more than 60 years of suffering in various states of confusion/depression/anxiety/self-destructive behaviours I finally feel validated. My traumas were both very early in life, my mother was suffered from schizophrenia even before I was born, as well as other traumatic events during the course of my childhood and adulthood, separation from family, survived house fire in which a sister was killed, teenage pregnancy and abusive marriage. But as strange as it may sound it took over 60 years for a wonderful psychiatrist to recognize and diagnose my disorder and start me in therapy. I have had years of symptoms including 3 major Clinical depressions and a lifetime of maladaptive behaviour and the resulting consequences. I am here to help my healing process along in between and in addition to my therapy, and who knows perhaps help someone else to feel less alone. And also to be somewhere where I don't have to pretend to be okay. I have not yet developed the courage to 'out' my mental illness so it is a great relief not to have to work so hard to just be 'normal'.
Thanks for being here.
I just joined. I, too, am over 60 and have only recently started my journey to becoming whole. It's really nice knowing that
"I've found my people ". ?

Greetings! I have recently turned 65 and after much researching I now know that C-PTSD is the crux of my troubles. And you're right: it *does* feel so very good to have the problem stated accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back