• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Our Pets

Well now, @Lionheart777, I'd like to say that my fruitcake is not poisonous to dogs but it is. It has raisins in it and they are a "no-no" for K-9's. So, "yes", no fruitcake bites for our pups. But for humans, they are scrumptious, wonderfully, mouthwatering!!!

I said that I would post a photo of my pup with his new pajamas on. He is not real happy with me and has stayed close to his doggy bed all day. He is pouting. But, he did enjoy going for his walk today at the Dog Park. He had these 'jammies on with his quilted red doggie coat on over them. He didn't seem to mind being out in public in them. But, it was cute when a small boarder collie spotted my Hero, and immediately dropped to the ground, lying as flat as she could, and gave him the, "I am mesmerizing you with my eyes so you will let me herd you." look. I think all the outer clothing over Hero, threw her off as to what he was. Once they got close enough to each other, she playfully pounced at him and then realized he was a dog, too. After that she went on to run around the park. It was really cute. Once we got home, the pup went back to being miffed that he was in his new garb. Wait until tomorrow's outfit comes out of the bag. It is black and white like a Holstein cow! He is REALLY gonna hate the cow P.Js!!! ?
IMG_4579.jpg

I've heard people say that cat's are strange creatures, well they must have not lived with dogs.

Newfs are water dogs and all three love to swim, they love snow, but now we have the issue of rain. Rain is water...Right? Moose heads out and will actually lay outside in the rain, but the girls act like they have the genetics of the "wicked witch of the west" and the rain will make them melt. So only when bladders are bursting or they can't hold it any more will they venture out and then run right back onto the porch and cry pitifully to be let in. What babies!

Now while the girls won't deal with the rain, Moose won't deal with anything in his water bowl but fresh cold water. He will bang the bowl, pull on your arm or bark non stop in your face. So I looked at the dish and guessed it was too warm, but when I went to dump it, there were small pieces of garlic. Evidently one of them snatched a garlic clove and then tried to wash it down. Add garlic to the list of things Moose finds objectionable in his water dish. This from an animal who thinks eating goose poop is a delicacy. Dogs are weird.

Chirp chirp chirp chickadee chirp -- the birdies outside

I’m borrowing this from the quotes page because it reminded me of yesterday morning.

My(stray)Cat talks to the crows. As in caws at them, they caw back, and so on... for a good several minutes most days. They also trade food, but that’s another story.

So TheCat has been sick, recently, and there haven’t been any conversations until yesterday.

When one of our regular crows hopped down to a few feet away, tucked his beak into his chest and purred at TheCat, over and over and over, until TheCat purred back.

I just love these guys.

I’m borrowing this from the quotes page because it reminded me of yesterday morning.

My(stray)Cat talks to the crows. As in caws at them, they caw back, and so on... for a good several minutes most days. They also trade food, but that’s another story.

So TheCat has been sick, recently, and there haven’t been any conversations until yesterday.

When one of our regular crows hopped down to a few feet away, tucked his beak into his chest and purred at TheCat, over and over and over, until TheCat purred back.

I just love these guys.

That is beautiful. The bond your cat and the crows have makes me feel wonderous about life again, for a moment. I too used to talk to the crows caww cawww wuuu aaa wuuu aaa. Crows have two dialects. One being general population caww and the second is for family which is a clicking sound. Therefore i think the purrr is somewhere near the family tone.

I wish you kitty get well soon.
I havent cawww at my friends too after getting sick. Thanks for sharing your story.

I have always had a bond with crows. I love them! They speak to me and I them. When I go out for walks, they sometimes come around the block with me. Yesterday one called out to me and I waved to it. I love watching them. They are so awesome. I did a painting of some of them in a tree a few weeks ago. I think I shared it in our "...feathered friends and wingnuts" thread.
It's on this page:

Scroll down...

So having the front "yard" of the farm cut and there was an elderly gentleman on the riding lawn mower. Luke decided the smell of the freshly cut grass was more than he could handle so he walked through the gate and started walking towards the lawn mower. This was the message on my cell phone: "That giant spotted horse tried to attack me. He busted through the fence and came over to me. I can't do a job with a vicious animal that big." Once I stopped laughing I did fix the gate. Luke knows how to open gates and I've added a chain. He always comes over to people as he is use to getting treats from everyone. Now I am going to add "Attack Horse" to his nick names.

I have a 10 gallon fish tank with 3 fishies in it. Two of them are the nastiest red barb tetras I have ever seen! They ran off my poor beta (Chinese Fighting Fish) and I had to get a fish bowl for him. They hassle my poor algae eater so he can only do his job at night when the lights are off. Honestly, I cannot wait until they die!!! Then I can maybe get some neon tetras.

My furbaby pick-up is scheduled for Sat. in the morning. He is an black mini-Schnauzer and I am naming him after the Peanut cartoon creator, Schulz. It took over a year & a half to save for him as well as purchase the supplies. My Son and DIL are contributing generously for which I am thankful too!

After 5 years of rehoming Olliver, this is an emotional event. Many of you supported me during the move and during that time helping me accept what needed to be done. So I wanted to share with you today the upcoming joy of having a service, companion dog for the journey forward.?s to you

Back