• All donations and upgrades are manually verified and approved within 24hrs.
  • Upgrades are ongoing. Learn how to save your bookmarked posts.

Panic attack or heart

There is so much good advice here!! I don’t know that I can add too much. I can say that not only have I suffered (past) with debilitating panic attacks, I also enjoyed the experience of spontaneous panic attacks. I have literally jumped out of my bed and ran...sometimes I made it to the door before I threw up and passed out. And sometimes I ran full speed into a wall and just knocked myself out. 😂 And I can laugh because I have gotten better.

I’m not for sure about sharing links on the forums. I am still a newbie. But I keep a folder on my phone labeled “You’re not sick” with links to various places I can go for calming information. Harvard has a very good article on this particular subject that helps define other symptoms. Chest pain: A heart attack or something else? Is the article.

Dr. Claire Weekes Hope and Help For Your Nerves is one of the most amazing books. Back in the 1940’s she was a pioneer of CBT therapy. And her book helped me understand and overcome a lot of my symptoms of anxiety!

Lastly. If your doctor is not giving you what you need, find a new one. You are your only true advocate. Do not accept anything less than what you know you deserve.

You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

This reads like a funny story, I see it that way. My sense of humor is a godsend that has kept me alive so many times. I was hiking a month ago and I got pressure in my chest. I hike too rigorously, I'm 60, and my body is likely hurt by trauma. I began to worry it was the onset of a heart attack. I was a mile from my car. The pressure intensified and became pain. I began planning how to get the hospital, and how I would get to my car. Just before I got to my car I thought "What if this my trauma, like I afraid my Dad will get me for enjoying a hike?". The pressure and pain disappeared in an instant. I screamed "What the f*ck!!". Not only did people look, there was an echo. what the f*ck ... what the f*ck ...

Top Bottom