• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Panic attack or heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so much good advice here!! I don’t know that I can add too much. I can say that not only have I suffered (past) with debilitating panic attacks, I also enjoyed the experience of spontaneous panic attacks. I have literally jumped out of my bed and ran...sometimes I made it to the door before I threw up and passed out. And sometimes I ran full speed into a wall and just knocked myself out. ? And I can laugh because I have gotten better.

I’m not for sure about sharing links on the forums. I am still a newbie. But I keep a folder on my phone labeled “You’re not sick” with links to various places I can go for calming information. Harvard has a very good article on this particular subject that helps define other symptoms. Chest pain: A heart attack or something else? Is the article.

Dr. Claire Weekes Hope and Help For Your Nerves is one of the most amazing books. Back in the 1940’s she was a pioneer of CBT therapy. And her book helped me understand and overcome a lot of my symptoms of anxiety!

Lastly. If your doctor is not giving you what you need, find a new one. You are your only true advocate. Do not accept anything less than what you know you deserve.

You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

This reads like a funny story, I see it that way. My sense of humor is a godsend that has kept me alive so many times. I was hiking a month ago and I got pressure in my chest. I hike too rigorously, I'm 60, and my body is likely hurt by trauma. I began to worry it was the onset of a heart attack. I was a mile from my car. The pressure intensified and became pain. I began planning how to get the hospital, and how I would get to my car. Just before I got to my car I thought "What if this my trauma, like I afraid my Dad will get me for enjoying a hike?". The pressure and pain disappeared in an instant. I screamed "What the f*ck!!". Not only did people look, there was an echo. what the f*ck ... what the f*ck ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back