• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poetry with the barefootpoet - one word, and you riff on that!

• Thread starter Deleted member 43031
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangochutney - again, I am so moved by the truths that are spoken in these poems. Your piece so powerful, and evocative. Thank you for adding to this thread. Very humbling to read such heart-felt words. Blessings! xo

Dream is my mind putting together like a weird twisted puzzle, my days events, my troubles and wobbles.

It's my minds way of crying out to me, hey look, I'm here, and bloody pay attention to me!

Sometimes I love them and travel far and wide. Get up to mischief with good friends by my side.

But mostly my dreams are a torment for me, a horrible place, not a nice place to be, reminding me of experiences and people I don't want to meet.

I'm hoping one day my brain becomes bored of this dreams, lets go of them... grows some wings. But until that time I'll get used to these things.

New word: Hope

Hope
For the Sun to Rise to Bursting Flames
Explosion of Light
Upon the Graves we stow within.
Dive deep into the darkest corner
The tiniest flicker to burn away the damaged walls,
To shed the horror and pain of past
And step out into day.

New word: clarity

Clarity is a keen eyed hawk.
It's wings beat to lift me up and away
from the foggy marsh of disparity.

Clarity is a hawks cry.
High and shrill to bring me to attention
when the blur and confusion of the landscape below
overwhelm with increased regularity.

Clarity is hawk the hunter.
From great heights and distances it seeks out its prey
dives swiftly with precision to capture it's prize.
Blessed is the one who sees Clarity with familiarity.

Clarity is a hawks talons.
They clutch insightful thoughts firmly, holding them fast
piercing painfully my mind's perceived "skin" but not with barbarity.

Clarity is a hawks feathers.
It's presence is enough to lift tissue and bone.
Amazing gift Clarity is sadly a rarity.

Next word: oak or oak tree.

Last edited:
Dream is my mind putting together like a weird twisted puzzle, my days events, my troubles and wobbles....
I sure enough am amongst some
Dream is my mind putting together like a weird twisted puzzle, my days events, my troubles and wobbles....
@Iriseen . . . I'm speechless, even though this speaks to pain, inside it is something so beautiful - the truth - and a gateway to greater things. Poets are so real, and authentic. Like you. Thanks for this. I swear this is a book in the making! xo

Even if you jest, remember that it can't be made into a book or leave the site. Copyright.
Addressing this quickly...MyPTSD no longer protects member material via copyright.
If someone takes your content and puts it in their book, you have to chase the copyright, as you own your content... If someone copies your content and uses it in their blog or other place online, you have to instigate copyright proceedings to have it removed / legal action if required.

You can read the full post here: Myptsd legal policy amendment - copyright content

If there are questions, please ask them in a help ticket. Thanks.

Even if you jest, remember that it can't be made into a book or leave the site. Copyright.
Completely understood! No worries, I get that. I am appreciating your work, no I would never even consider doing anything like that. Copyright is sacred, and so is the protection of the site. What I wanted to convey more than anything is the moving nature of all of the poems shared here, they are remarkable! :)

Standing as tall as an oak tree
Is where I would like to be
Brave, fierce, strong
Unmoved and unshaken!

Looking through the past
Through the looking glass
Reveals much of how I have let others treat me
Strong and sturdy like an oak tree is how I wish to be

No longer will I freeze
No longer will I shake
No means no is what will be
For I will be as strong and sturdy like an oak tree
Please don't shake me

Lol- well I tried, it is 10:30 lol :p

New Word: Mice or Mouse :p

Little mouse scurries to hide when the kitchen light clicks on.
Screaming, the wife reacts, "Oh my God a mouse! A mouse! We've got mice!"
The startled dog rushes into the kitchen and says, "Woof, woof, woof" thinking "What the heck am I barking at?"
The old yellow tom cat sees the mouse and says, "Mouse? Mouse? So what, let me go back to my nap."
The husband asks, "Honey? Where's my pellet gun?"
The son says, "I can catch it mom and just put it outside!"
The daughter implores, "Please mom, don't let it get hurt! Can I keep it as a pet, I'll take good care mom. Let me keep it, it's so cute..."

The little mouse all the while is in search of escape.
Racing to and fro afraid of all the commotion.
It finds a door quickly and there is a gap.
Flattening itself it darts underneath to the garage.

The wife reacts, "We've got to call pest control. I won't go into the garage til we do!"
The dog reacts, "Which way did it go? Hey, it went this way!" His nose to the closed door.
Old tomcat opens one eye and thinks to himself, "I remember a time when I'd have had such fun with that mouse. Too old now."
The son looks to his father, "Let's go get him dad!"
The father replies, "I have to go to work, I'll pick up traps on the way home though."
Daughter says, "Aw it could have been my pet. Can we go to the pet store today mom?"

Little mouse safe in the darkened garage says to no one, "Whew I'm glad to be alive but I'm still hungry."

(not exactly a poem more like really sloppy prose but that's where my head went)

Next word? emotion(s)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back