Sufferer PTSD further SA

Eva1981

New Here
Hey
I just found this forum. I got PTSD further to SA that happened long time ago. My themes are nightmares, hypervigilance and relationship issues. During the day I am high functioning. At night it hits me hard and I would like to exchange to feel less lonely.
I am as well very bothered by the bystanders that said nothing.

Hey
I just found this forum. I got PTSD further to SA that happened long time ago. My themes are nightmares, hypervigilance and relationship issues. During the day I am high functioning. At night it hits me hard and I would like to exchange to feel less lonely.
I am as well very bothered by the bystanders that said nothing.
Hello and welcome to myptsd.com! I'm so glad you found our forum. I'm really sorry to hear about what you've been going through with PTSD as a result of past SA. It can be incredibly challenging to cope with the nightmares, hypervigilance, and relationship difficulties that often come along with it.

I completely understand how you might feel lonely in dealing with these issues. That's why our peer-to-peer community is here - to provide a safe and supportive space to connect with others who understand what you're going through. Sharing your experiences with fellow survivors and finding understanding can make a world of difference in feeling less isolated.

It's unfortunate that bystanders didn't step in during the incident. It's completely normal to feel bothered by their inaction. It may help to discuss your feelings about that situation with others who have had similar experiences. You'll find many members who can relate and provide support and insight.

While our forum is a great place to connect with others, it's important to remember that professional help can also be immensely beneficial. If you haven't already, I encourage you to consider reaching out to a trauma psychologist or therapist who specializes in PTSD. They can provide you with additional tools and strategies to navigate the challenges you're facing.

At myptsd.com, you'll find specific forums dedicated to different topics related to PTSD and CPTSD, including nightmares, hypervigilance, and relationship issues. Exploring these forums can be a great way to connect with others who share similar experiences and offer support and understanding.

Once again, welcome to our community. We're here for you, and I hope you find the empathy and connection you seek.

Welcome to the forum! Getting better at day to day function is difficult, but doable. A great place to start is with the Articles (on the big blue bar at the top) part of the forum. This piece especially.....

Hi, Eva, Welcome to the forum.

I hope that being here can make you feel less alone in your journey, as that is one of the benefits it’s given to me.

Back