• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer PTSD is ruling my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmasmwc

New Here
I have suffered from PTSD, anxiety, since I was 5. Traumatized by tornadoes hitting our town, one right next to our house. After that I developed a severe stutter, which is 95%gone, anxiety and became very much introverted. The PTSD flares up at different times, 9/11 was a HuGE trigger, but also change and uncertainty. For the last almost 3 years I have been working part time jobs to have the flexibility of schedule I needed to be available for my Dad who was sick and 3 hours away. He passed away last year, and now i’m Adrift. He was my touchstone in the storm. And lately I am greatly overwhelmed by life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Living with PTSD can be like a living hell on earth.
You've done so well in overcoming your stutter. Mine only comes back now when I'm having a flashback.
Your anchor had gone the one thing that gave you comfort.
How did you get through? what kept you going?
You're a survivor. Something inside you is very strong.

Living with PTSD can be like a living hell on earth.
You've done so well in overcoming your stutter. Mine only comes back now when I'm having a flashback.
Your anchor had gone the one thing that gave you comfort.
How did you get through? what kept you going?
You're a survivor. Something inside you is very strong.

Thank you for that. I’m not sure how I kept going. I think I was numb. This time of year has always been hard for me, with all the storms. My stutter, such that it is, comes out when I’m over tired or too much on my brain. I jumble up words or just can’t say they correctly, so it’s not really noticeable, but it has been worse lately. I guess I’m trying to figure out what anchors me now, and some days I have no clue.

Is there anything that makes you feel better?
Being in the moment and doing something I enjoy helps bring my brain back from stressed and worn out to calmer.
Time for yourself where you can relax and have YOU time.

What do you enjoy doing?
With chaos around you can you find something else to ground or anchor you?
Painting? sewing? pamper with beauty treatments? listen to an audiobook? Music, dancing?
What's your passion only you will know..

It's amazing your ability to hold down jobs, you really have done so well.
Don't be too hard on yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back