• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Public Commitment to Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the idea of the accountability piece. Logging after the fact was always daunting because I never get to the doing part unless I put it out there, for me. I still aim to do my PT exercises 2x a day every day for the next 5 days. I aim to walk every other day, too. I think every day would be too hard for me right now.

I really like the idea of the accountability piece. Logging after the fact was always daunting because I never get to the doing part unless I put it out there, for me. I still aim to do my PT exercises 2x a day every day for the next 5 days. I aim to walk every other day, too. I think every day would be too hard for me right now.

I would personally rather say I am going to do some sort of exercise than later report on what exercise I actually did or even if I exercised at all. I guess I am sensitive about it for the opposite reason than most people are but I see how people look at me when I say I haven't exercised enough this week when they know I have exercised more than they have. My regular exercise level is significantly higher than average because if I don't exercise that much, I have serious mobility issues but I am not going to attach this disclaimer to every post I make pertaining to exercise. This way, I don't feel like it looks like I am saying nanny-nanny-boo-boo every time I talk about exercise. I am out of routine and not up to the level I was when I was feeling better. What that level is, I'd rather not bring up. I'm not exercising to make people feel inadequate. It's a survival thing, at this point.

Last edited:
My shoulders have had a real problem lately. My guess is that suddenly driving 160 miles a day right after moving was just more than they were ready for. The exercises I was doing for my shoulders just seemed to make them hurt more. But yesterday I tried a few new exercises and my pain level did not increase. Wahoo!!! I am going to lightly do a few more of those today even though my habit is to strengthen every other day.

Today I'm doing cardio. I ordered a new mini exercise bike that should be here tomorrow. I am looking forward to that but I'll probably just rock out today.

I could use some accountability on this, as I am under quarantine for two weeks.

All I can do is walk around the house and lift some one pound weights. So that's what I plan to do every day of this quarantine.

I could use some accountability on this, as I am under quarantine for two weeks.

All I can do is walk around the house and lift some one pound weights. So that's what I plan to do every day of this quarantine.

I am sorry about the quarantine but glad you are trying to keep active. We had to quarantine when we got to NM. It is not fun nor easy. How are you feeling?

My symptoms are mild, so I'm not doing too badly. I just walked around the house for five minutes, then lifted the weights a minute or two. I have to leave energy for my immune system. So I'm just doing little bits of exercise now and then, just enough to get my blood flowing and some oxygen into my system.

I've been rocking in my rocking chair and lifting weights some more. The rocking chair is great, in that it keeps circulation going well in Mr legs. Don't want any blood clot in there somewhere. Been sitting a lot today, so this is essential.

I've been rocking in my rocking chair and lifting weights some more. The rocking chair is great, in that it keeps circulation going well in Mr legs. Don't want any blood clot in there somewhere. Been sitting a lot today, so this is essential.

I have an Ergo Ergo stool. I think of it as a fidget spinner for the legs. It has made a world of difference for my sciatica. I can sit on it for a lot longer than I can sit on a regular chair just because being stationary tends to get painful. I don't think I have ever had a rocking chair but I can imagine that it would be a whole lot better than a regular chair if one were to be sitting a lot for a lot of the same reasons this stool is.

Right here, right now is a perfect example of how I fail to exercise. We ran into some issues with our future home this week and my anxiety spiked. I started running around like a chicken with my head cut off but only got about 10% of the exercise that would have been ideal for two days because I don't think to exercise when I am highly stressed. Just like I don't care as much about eating well, taking my vitamins and other self-care items.

If I were a "normal" person, no big deal but with hyper-mobility, arthritis and other chronic pain things going on, not to mention stupid levels of anxiety, in general, choosing not to exercise when the weather is suddenly turning cold and I'm having trouble sleeping due to anxiety and pain is basically asking for more problems.

I have at least one but possibly 4 disorders marked by high anxiety. Exercising only when I am not stressed is hardly an option.

They are moving our trailer today. I have been asked to stay home to keep my anxiety down.

I am going to do my hip exercises and spend at least 10 minutes on my new miniature stationary bicycle today.

I don't care how much I'd rather be shopping, eating or chatting with random strangers out in the public. This has to stop. This could go on for weeks as it has in the recent past. I might be using my cane before I even notice. Now I'm not slow but I need to stop acting like I am.

Last edited:
I am struggling today, with the thought of doing my daily yoga practise.
My guy friend is here and I find it much harder to practise when he is around.

It will be a BIG victory if I manage to get my routine done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back