• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Quote Of The Day

@Tornadic Thoughts , you probably know this of course, as I too used to love and read Rainer Maria Rilke. He seemed to find his depth and ironically express a great understanding of love after enduring a horrible childhood, wherein his mom apparently wanted a girl and dressed and treated him like one (and hence his name). ?

“Now is the time to know that all that you do is sacred… Now is the time for you to deeply compute the impossibility that there is anything but grace.” – Hafez

“Carry your heart through this world like a life-giving sun.” – Hafez

“I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.”- Rumi

"Find the sweetness in your own heart, then you may find the sweetness in every heart."– Rumi

Not a short one...

We tell ourselves stories in order to live. The princess is caged in the consulate. The man with the candy will lead the children into the sea. The naked woman on the ledge outside the window on the sixteenth floor is a victim of accident, or the naked woman is an exhibitionist, and it would be ‘interesting’ to know which. We tell ourselves that it makes some difference whether the naked woman is about to commit a mortal sin or is about to register a political protest or is about to be, the Aristophanic view, snatched back to the human condition by the fireman in priest’s clothing just visible in the window behind her, the one smiling at the telephoto lens. We look for the sermon in the suicide, for the social or moral lesson in the murder of five. We interpret what we see, select the most workable of the multiple choices. We live entirely… by the imposition of a narrative line upon disparate images, by the ‘ideas’ with which we have learned to freeze the shifting phantasmagoria — which is our actual experience.”

-Joan Didion
phantasmagoria......a very cool word!

Nice one, @Teasel , and Ms. Alice! That's definitely how I feel in the kitchen, in the garden, and when I take the camera for a walk. Recognizing and/or creating beauty is so restorative. Thanks for sharing. ?

This one really struck a deep heart chord in me today:

“Developing your feeling takes time, especially if it has been systematically discouraged in you. There may be an initial layer of shock, numbness, or anger you have to move through before you can touch that backlog of grief.

Sometimes if a person sees right into the heart of who you are, it can release the grief you’ve been unable to acknowledge yourself. It is like a pinprick in your heart that releases a flood of tears, because you know that what’s been reflected is true—and that you have been waiting to hear this truth for a long time.” ~Toko-pa Turner

Back