• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dom Violence Raising awareness ... of something that might never actually happen in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that it happens but societal attitudes mean that its not talked about.

Eg: high school kid groomed and sexually assaulted by teacher. If the teacher is male and the student is female society is horrified - he is a predator/deviant and she is a victim. If the teacher is female and the student is male - suddenly society wants to know if the teacher is hot and whether the boy enjoyed it. The fact that she is a predator/deviant and he is a victim is not discussed.

I suspect that the societal expectation that men "want sex all the time" plays into this. Men are not seen as unwilling (especially in a domestic partnership) and if you are not unwilling then how can it be sexual assault?

Of course, these attitudes are wrong and unhelpful but I suspect they are behind why you are questioning if this happened to you and if you are alone in this. Hugs if you accept them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back