• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Rant and complain thread open to all supporters

Never_falter2

MyPTSD Pro
He woke me up like three hours ago because he made such a funny simpering sound (but was okay and asleep) then when I nearly was a asleep again he made such a sound again... and no I can't go back to sleep.

Sorry you can't sleep.

I use the squishy ear plugs. Most of the time I'm just glad he's asleep though.

I had a decent day. Nothing to bitch about at present. But I'll be back.

LOL. Mine woke me up with "sex noises" the other night from his dream....probably just regular grunting, but I couldn't get it out of my head for quite a bit :rolleyes:

He woke me up like three hours ago because he made such a funny simpering sound (but was okay and asleep).....

Apparently I shout and cry in my sleep - not aware of it. Bear in mind that when asleep, your brain is processing events during the day completely outside of your control including any fears and irrational thoughts and/or triggers. Over time he will learn what is likely to give him a bad night. I now tend to sleep on the couch if I have had a taxing day as I feel guilty for waking the family up due to my nightmares.

Ear plugs are a good idea as well if you are comfortable with them. Its hard and PTSD affects the whole family for sure

I do not like ear plugs because I do not notice what is going on then. Want to know if one of my kids cries for me... but no problem. It‘s not an ask-for-advice thread but a rant and complain thread.

Hubby isnt on this site (even though I think it would be good for him) so I will rant for him.

He says I fight in my sleep, which ends up with him getting smacked in the head, kicked a couple times or thumped in the back. If I'm in a really bad way he has to sleep in the guest room just to get a good nights sleep

Back