Readers thread: what or who are you reading right now?

siniang

MyPTSD Pro
Has anyone read this book by any chance?

I listened to the NPR review on my commute the other day and it really got my attention. I really connected with the writing style and I am a graduate student/in academia myself. But I'm not in the humanities so I was wondering if it might be too literature-focused to enjoy past the few paragraphs they had in the review.

Teasel

MyPTSD Pro
Not reading rather hearing as it is in Audiobook form but - Ronan Farrow - Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators

And thoroughly enjoying it I am. Though not entirely for reasons meant by the author. It's very interesting for me no doubt. But the cherry on the cake is the narration. Particularly when he reads out what others have said.

It's narrated by the author, and many of the reviews of said book mention the awful accents "Ronan utterly butchers it with his borderline racist impressions of the characters". But the reviews didn't put me off, I must admit I bloody love the accents! Make me roar with laughter they do 😂🤣😂

DharmaGirl

MyPTSD Pro
I love the Emberverse series, and I saw an audio play of the first 3 books in the series. I like to listen to audiobooks to go to sleep, but this is more distracting with all the sound effects. I'll try to listen again while I am working on furniture or hanging pictures and see if I like the idea better.