• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Readers thread: what or who are you reading right now?

Has anyone read this book by any chance?

I listened to the NPR review on my commute the other day and it really got my attention. I really connected with the writing style and I am a graduate student/in academia myself. But I'm not in the humanities so I was wondering if it might be too literature-focused to enjoy past the few paragraphs they had in the review.

Not reading rather hearing as it is in Audiobook form but - Ronan Farrow - Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators

And thoroughly enjoying it I am. Though not entirely for reasons meant by the author. It's very interesting for me no doubt. But the cherry on the cake is the narration. Particularly when he reads out what others have said.

It's narrated by the author, and many of the reviews of said book mention the awful accents "Ronan utterly butchers it with his borderline racist impressions of the characters". But the reviews didn't put me off, I must admit I bloody love the accents! Make me roar with laughter they do 😂🤣😂

I love the Emberverse series, and I saw an audio play of the first 3 books in the series. I like to listen to audiobooks to go to sleep, but this is more distracting with all the sound effects. I'll try to listen again while I am working on furniture or hanging pictures and see if I like the idea better.

Knight of Shadows, 4th book of the second Amber series
I read that a long time ago. I have the complete series in a book I put in my "to save" file. I have to reread it.
I'm reading Bernadette King's Guidebook for The Ark Animal Tarot and Oracle Deck.
I'm using the Wildwood deck. Well, I would be if I weren't at such loose ends. I will carve out time to use it so I won't be at such loose ends, lol.

I'm reading Later by Stephen King, A Wrinkle in Time audiobook with creepy voices, and I'm listening to the Harry Potter series over again as I pack.

Back