• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Readers thread: what or who are you reading right now?

Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga. Very much enjoying it—-the author is excellent at describing how the main character experiences anxiety in her mind, especially related to cross-cultural differences.

@prynne I have that book but just paging through it I felt flashbacks from my upbringing and marriage, but if I think about it as developing armor I might try going a bit deeper.
It's triggering to me, too. I have to make sure to take it slow and only read a few pages a day, so I don't get overwhelmed. I don't read any if I feel like I can't handle it. Take it easy and keep yourself safe :)

I'm actually reading several at once, but not very focused. I kinda flip between them. Some are audiobook, some hard copy, some ebook.

The Autobiography of Malcolm X

The Divine Names and Titles of God by Herbert Lockyer

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

The World's Most Evil Psychopaths; Horrifying True Life Cases by John Marlowe

Just watched a documentary about the big bus ride that Ken Kesey and some of the merry pranksters took across the US to the worlds fair. I always liked Kens characters and haven’t read any of his stuff in years, there has to be a copy of great notion or the cuckoos nest around here somewhere, next time I am looking I will look a little further.

Back