• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Really need an objective opinion about my therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d move on simply for her saying to “not react that way” as she has no understanding of dissociation whatsoever.
I second this. That was an entirely inappropriate response to someone with PTSD. The most work I did was with a trauma therapist who didn't want to use EMDR on someone like me who was so dissociated all the time. He didn't recommend it for CPTSD anyway. I also think every other week is not enough. She should spend time building a relationship so you can allow yourself to feel more secure. It's perfectly ok to not fit with this therapist, I have many that I didn't fit with. It takes a long time to work through stuff. Like years. Keep coming here and posting, this place helped me just as much as therapy and helped me with therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back