• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Romantic relationship problems

jiayuan

New Here
Last night when I was enthusiastically talking about how happy I would be if I got retired and went back to countryside, my boyfriend suddenly got some emotions. He said,"You always say you will go back to countryside, but whom will I live with if you go?" And I realized that I have never put him in my life plan from a long life-time view, that is why he felt disappointed. He grew up in cities, and he never likes taking a step on slurry or road without asphalt. On the contrary, I grew up in small villages, I got used to insects, plants and any natural things in farmyard.

However, I know that the different attitudes toward countryside is not the main reason, deep inside, I never truly believe that he will stay with me forever. I never believe that anyone will try not to abandon me. Yes, he is my angel, I can say that the best thing happened to me is his advent, but I just can't throw way the idea that "I don't deserve love, no one will love me forever, no one can depend on." That is why I always ask him, "My dear, are you real? Aren't you a fantasy that I coined in my mind to sweep away the desperately abandoned loneliness?" After so many times asking, he just felt more ridiculous," When won't you ask me this stupid question?"

I truly don't know how long I will live with him. I haven't got the intelligence. But now, I love him, I love him because I want him by my side, I want to see him whenever I come home, I love the kisses and hugs we share with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps try talking with him to find a compromise you would both adore? (Rather than a compromise both would be unhappy with. WinWin, rather than LoseLose.)

Like living in a small village on a commuter train line to the city for easy access? Or living in the city buying/leasing a holiday cabin/chalet in the country, for weekends & best seasons?

You don’t have to envision him in your life forever, to include him in your plans for now.

Perhaps try talking with him to find a compromise you would both adore? (Rather than a compromise both would be unhappy with. WinWin, rather than LoseLose.)

Like living in a small village on a commuter train line to the city for easy access? Or living in the city buying/leasing a holiday cabin/chalet in the country, for weekends & best seasons?

You don’t have to envision him in your life forever, to include him in your plans for now.
We had talked about finding a town which is near to both big cities and countryside. Or just to find a house with a garden when we retire.

Back