• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Screaming at my cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
This is the absolute worse thing I can think of doing. My beautiful girls - both of them sick - deserve none of my anger or upset. I hate myself when whatever they are doing gets under my skin and I want to scream or break something. Happening lots more these days, so I'm giving lots and lots of hugs.

Hey whiteraven,
I think our kitties and dogs are super forgiving so although you are probably beating yourself up over this, they will just want to have a belly rub and all will be good. Hope you’re ok.

Hey whiteraven,
I think our kitties and dogs are super forgiving so although you are probably beating yourself up over this, they will just want to have a belly rub and all will be good. Hope you’re ok.
You're right about that. Thanks for the reminder! Not ok today...just not sure what to do about it.

I know how bad it can feel when you feel like your mental health and actions are affecting your critters. Lots of us have been there. It's a good sign to take care of yourself and yes, give some extra love to your kitties, but it doesn't mean you are an awful person.

I know how bad it can feel when you feel like your mental health and actions are affecting your critters. Lots of us have been there. It's a good sign to take care of yourself and yes, give some extra love to your kitties, but it doesn't mean you are an awful person.

Thanks, @Muttly. I've been having trouble with that last part these days.

You find someome to take it out on. It's probably hurting you more than anyone else, which of course is the point.

I used to have a pet cockatiel. And if I raised my voice at him, it wouldn't bother him because he liked the loud noises, although I never screamed at him or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back