• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Silly ptsd conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckiLee

MyPTSD Pro
This is just something J and I thought was hilarious. No one IRL would think it's funny but I wanted to share it with people who "get it".

As we were watching Vikings one of the characters gets stranded on a deserted island...

J: If you were stranded on a deserted island I would come save you.

Me: I know, Lovey. I have no doubt.

J: Then I would destroy my boat.

LMAO!!

J and I laughed so hard at this. He even said "I bet your forum friends would agree with me".

Do you have any funny PTSD conversations or stories to share?

XO

This is just something J and I thought was hilarious. No one IRL would think it's funny but I wanted to share it with people who "get it".

As we were watching Vikings one of the characters gets stranded on a deserted island...

J: If you were stranded on a deserted island I would come save you.

Me: I know, Lovey. I have no doubt.

J: Then I would destroy my boat.

LMAO!!

J and I laughed so hard at this. He even said "I bet your forum friends would agree with me".

Do you have any funny PTSD conversations or stories to share?

XO
I don’t understand this. I’m not being sarcastic I truly don’t see what is funny . Please explain it to me.

It's not about PTSD, but when I was diagnosed with cancer I didn't want my family to be afraid for me, so I started blaming everything on the cancer. If the supermarket was out of something - Must be the cancer, if I screamed when I was startled - must be the cancer. My mom was horrified that I wasn't giving it the respect it deserved, but my docs told be I would live because of my attitude, and I did.

It's not about PTSD, but when I was diagnosed with cancer I didn't want my family to be afraid for me, so I started blaming everything on the cancer. If the supermarket was out of something - Must be the cancer, if I screamed when I was startled - must be the cancer. My mom was horrified that I wasn't giving it the respect it deserved, but my docs told be I would live because of my attitude, and I did.
Not showing it the respect it deserved........whether its cancer or PTSD/Depression respect is definitely not something that either of those illnesses deserve. Respect is something reserved for people who persevere through adversity to overcome.....like somebody who conquers cancer or PTSD/Depression. Besided in your case, your cancer, and in my case my PTSD/Depression.....it's fricken mine and I can do what I want with it including using it for a little humour and levity LOL

Had one of these with my office mate yesterday. (ftr: office mate knows about my PTSD, and is super awesome with it and in general)

We had just got back to our office after our lab group journal club meeting (round table, everyone brings a journal club article that they've read and presents it to the group).

Office mate: "How did you feel your first journal club meeting went?"

bell: "I don't think I demonstrated a very good understanding of my paper. "
(I was frustrated with myself because my brain was very foggy after starting on prazosin 2 nights before and also going to journal club 10 minutes after I arrived back from T.)

Office mate: "I think you might have a strong case of Masters student syndrome -- where you think that everything is a test."

bell: "I mean yeah... or a strong case of PTSD."
*both start laughing*

Office mate: "Ok, yeah, I think that one is probably more influential in this instance."
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back