• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Stupidest.trigger. ever. / what is your weirdest trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People with authority, birthdays, being sick, videos with lots of consecutive cuts (make me dissociate immediately), a white car from a specific car brand

Oh, and the sound of my full name as well as the words "father/daddy" (but in my native language).

-A woman raising her voice to me
Clattering cutlery. Yup, bang the cutlery together in the drawer and I get chills and look for a place to hide.
The phone ringing
People smacking their lips; eating
Same here.?

Crosses are probably my weirdest trigger but it makes sense since I was abused by a Catholic priest. Also I am triggered by Easter decorations, both the religious ones and the commercial children's ones.

I also have the women with knives reaction--but I'm getting lots better with that one! The walls that are painted a certain color of brown-wow! flip out time. My husband sitting down and leaned forward and rested his arms on his knees and I lost my freaking mind and started screaming involuntarily "don't sit that way!" Black mens dress shoes-KaBAM! I appreciate this post actually, I could sit here for awhile and list things that sent me into orbit that showed up "randomly"-- certain odors, the music of pink floyd-no I can't listen to pink floyd holy toledo I'm going to die, it feels like I'm going to really die!

When you refer to "woman with knives", are you referring to yourself? Using a knife for defending yourself? This really got my attention when I read the word "knife"--from multiple people no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back