• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hurricane is offshore and the outer bands of it are affecting the weather here. Strong onshore winds out of the NE. One daughter begged off yesterday so my other princess and I set off for road walking as opposed to beach walking due to the weather.

We did end up on the beach going out because the wind was from behind at an angle that way. It practically pushed you down the beach and the surf very rough.

On the way back we took the streets bordering the beach which is a beautiful walk along all the nice houses and cottages. Trying to walk back up the beach that way is like being in a wind tunnel. But I'm the neighborhoods it's nice.

It's much different walking in the asphalt in shoes and I got tired. We walk the beach barefoot. Now on the beach I'm walking much faster having has so much practice over the last few months. Near the end yesterday we were slow pokes.

I went surfing today it was big clean hurricane surf the kind we get here a few days a year if we're lucky. The beach was loaded with surfers and spectators and the weather was beautiful. Again, a very rare combination here.

If the waves were half as big I would have stayed. I got a couple waves and went in because feeling scared I might drown is not my idea of fun. It was fun but I was not in shape for that I don't have the wind/cardio.

I never did even when I could grapple 5 5 minute marches back to back. Something about paddling for waves always gasses me. Getting held down rights after a major push to drop in on a big one is just not a good idea right now.

But it was a lark. I didn't go this summer at all I've been going less and less since the kids got older. We went a lot when they were little.
IMG_9075.JPG
IMG_9077.JPG
IMG_9087.JPG
IMG_9078.JPG

I walked alone today feeling very neglected from lack of intimacy and not appreciated. I didn't want to deal with anyone and when I said let's go walking and everyone was like "no" which I have to deal with always but today I just couldn't. I have wnoigh trouble thinking for me and I have to think for three when we all go. It was really hot and the beach was quite crowded for a Sunday in late September. I never got the walk/swim thing together. I would have taken a swim but I had no towel.

I was just all over the place because I have the urologist tomorrow and I got blood drawn Friday. I very much put this out of my head as much as possible the last six weeks or so and really didn't do anything but try and ignore it.

I was home later and I got an email my blood work was in and my psa had gone down, which as you can imagine was very good news.

IMG_9105.JPGIMG_9106.JPGIMG_9107.JPGIMG_9109.JPGIMG_9110.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9108.JPG
    IMG_9108.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 303
Firstly I'm so pleased you got such good news. That must be a huge relief. :)

Secondly, I'm loving these photos of your beach.

I couldn't go out into those waves either. I would drown for sure. ...sigh... One must be quite fit I think.

Makes me want to move to where there is a beach. Beach or mountains... both sing for me and I cannot make up my mind.

Hope tomorrow's appointment goes well. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back