• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The fourteen day challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3 so far so good. I am going in slow motion today. I have to take my granddaughter back home today.
WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thanks Phoenix Under so much for your words. My granddaughter lives close to me too. I just hadn't had her for a month because she was grounded for being naughty.

I am doing ok today, I have a driving phobia and get to drive to the doc for my first session of emdr and I am feeling nervous. I am not being negative on myself though. I guess this is day4 for me. I hope I do well, and the negativity does'nt affect me in any way.

I made it through the day! So we will see about day 2! I wish you well with emdr. I want to try it so badly. I read on here about nerve blocks for ptsd and have thought about that. I am sorry for your driving phobia. I don't have that but I hate to go out. I would stay in my house and never come out if I could get away with it! Let us know how the emdr was and your drive! Courage is doing something when you are afraid to.

Gizmo, I had to start over today.

I made a choice to avoid a friendship with a very unhealthy person. It was so hard. This person has all these wild medical tales of things that are wrong with her and she doesn't realize I have knowledge in that area. She is in a club that I belong to and we are all going out of town together. She wants to drive and I do not want to spend the entire trip at her mercy nor do I want a friendship with her. Also if she is really as sick as she says she could die while driving and I don't want to be a passenger in her car if that happens!

One of her claims is that she has 3 blood lots that are moving. I called her and very nicely explained that she should not be driving because of her health and she claimed they were gone. She had just talked about having them last night! I don't wish to be mean to her or anything but she is an emotional vampire and I have so much going on that I don't have anything left to give her. I talked to my therapist about it and she complimented me on recognizing that this would not be a healthy friendship and staying away from it. I was so tormented about setting a boundary with this lady that I made myself sick.

This person also claims to have been in a SM relationship with a parent well into her 40's which I think is probably true. While I am concerned for her, I have had enough unhealthy relationships for more that one lifetime. I have chosen a few friends over the years that were way not healthy, not to mention unhealthy abusive family members. So while I am really proud of making a healthy choice it was very painful and hard. Hope you are doing well with your challenge as 5 days is a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back