• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

This Is A Sincere "Thank You" To A Forum Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I think it's the kindness which touch us the most, and make the most difference. Everyone is different, of course, but having said that I'm not sure I've ever been able to feel too grand from a stern word. :) Certainly there's a time and place for a stern approach, and is a motivator for some individuals. Me? No matter how well intended it will never do anything but squish me like a bug. It's the inexplicably effective kindnesses, I think, which can turn the proverbial tide. With all the professional resources here notwithstanding ( and much appreciated ) it just seems the kindnesses of others is the loveliest and most effective heaing tool.

Anni

Time and a Place

After being in this forum for almost 2 years and watching people come and go, crash and burn, loose it and get it back, I don't think I have ever had anyone touch me as much as I was touched this morning by one of you.

hi everybody

I'm fairly new here, so I don't want to be seen as some kind of "party-popper". But, I just don't think that anyone should be going around 'touching' anyone else here without first getting their permission.

Just my opinion.

ghost

Ghost,

While you may not be a party popper, you did not understand what I was saying here. I just felt that my feelings were validated, acknowledged, and that they finally counted. I felt like someone was actually listening to me. I felt like I mattered.

No one actually "touched" me.! Hello, do you get it??????????????????? I don't think you need permission for that!

Ghost you certainly misunderstood :smile:

After my exbf left, I wondered if I should remain here on forum. Many people told me that I could still benefit from the support and information I would receive but also told me that I can be of help to others. They were right :thumbs-up

There have been many of you that have touched me, with your kind words and support.

Sometimes it only takes one simple word or comment to make a change in someone life. To know that someone cares means the world to many.

Frankie

I'm pretty sure that was just tame humour. :) We all react to it differently. When I'm in a dark place, my writing style becomes even more dry. It can be polarizing, depending on the audience.

But I don't want to derail, so let me comment on what stood out to me in this thread:

Exercise is not just for the body, it is for the mind, heart and spirit as well. As Anthony so eloquently put it in another thread, "We CAN'T fail if we are willing to try, and fall down, and then try again", or words to that effect. I believe this to be true.

Heartfelt agreement here. One of my favourite quotes is from Samuel Beckett: "Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

It's genuinely interesting to hear the points of view of the forum regulars. I haven't been here very long or posted much, but this forum has helped me to get rid of the mindset that life in general is nasty, brutish, and short, and therefore there was nothing abnormal about my situation; it was just the luck of the draw, and I just had to deal with it. Now that I'm in the company of others who have been there and who know the terrain, I actually can deal with it. For the first time, I've seen that it is possible to be empathic and altruistic even to distant strangers who come from very different backgrounds without having an ulterior motive or sacrificing one's integrity. It restores my faith in humanity a little.

The littlest act can be the catalyst that changes everything. Thank you to everyone who has elaborated on that and shared their experiences.

Perhaps a suggestion for ghost....if you go into advanced posting and use some of the emoticons like rofl :rofl: it might help others who haven't read the entire thread or don't know you mistake what you are saying?

I was kinda thinking the same thing earlier. Even an ascii wink ;) or laugh ;D clarifies the whole picture as far as what's intended. On first read I honestly thought Ghost was hurting to the extent that "touched" leaped out at him, and he was interpreting from a strong, negative emotional response from personal experiences.

If we were a different group, in a better place, it would be obvious to us what was meant, I'm sure.

Dave

If we were a different group, in a better place, it would be obvious to us what was meant, I'm sure.

I scrolled back from the bottom of the second page Dave, and from not knowing the entire contents of the thread, was a bit taken aback when reading what was written by ghost until I remembered who ghost was. No offense ghost...I just think it might help if you put in an emoticon when joking so others realise this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back