• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault trying not to get triggered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theasylumsystem

Confident
hi this is probably tmi

someone came over that I've been talking to for a while and we had sex and I didn't cum but I faked it and he left shortly after I just... i don't know whats wrong with me and why I have to feel like this. I'm sick to my stomach and there's this feeling like something wrong and I don't know why Im so triggered and i just i just wanted to have fun and forget but i just feel even worse can someone help ?

breathing with you, theas. . .
doctor arfie thinks it's too late to worry about getting triggered. you are already triggered and now we worry about managing the flight to a safe landing.
breathing with you. . .

for what it's worth
i try not to worry about identifying the triggers and/or analyzing the events until after i have achieved the safe landing.
while i am still triggered, i have the IQ of a sledge hammer.

breathing with you, theas. . .
doctor arfie thinks it's too late to worry about getting triggered. you are already triggered and now we worry about managing the flight to a safe landing.
breathing with you. . .

for what it's worth
i try not to worry about identifying the triggers and/or analyzing the events until after i have achieved the safe landing.
while i am still triggered, i have the IQ of a sledge hammer.
thank you im trying to calm down but everything feels the same my body feels the same as after it happened and I just want to crawl out of my skin g

I'm sorry it feels like this right now.

What helps you when you're triggered like this?

Breathing is meant to help, but I find it triggers me me more as it connects me to my body and I'm trying to excape it.

Sometimes noticing things around you that you like can help. For me, I love nature so looking at the sky, or plants or flowers helps. Something that orientates you into the here and now.

Sometimes speaking out loud to say "I am safe" "I am here" or whatever works. Hearing your voice now being in control and being ok.

Somehow getting you to believe that you are here now and it's not back then and it's not happening now.

I hope this passes for you soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back