• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Upgrade 2018 member feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
All information is contained in https://www.myptsd.com/threads/upgrade-2018-changes.87427/ once performed and sent live.

This thread is for members to report issues, to discuss with me any problems or such with something once rolled out. I will not debate, argue with you, or otherwise, a change. I am open to discussion, I am not open to any member wanting to argue their disdain or otherwise about a change.

Super happy with positive and negative feedback. Will be unhappy with any nonsense of any member trying to exert force to have something their way. Changes are above any one member, above even me at many levels. They exist for good reason, and the above linked thread will contain as much information as possible about each change. So read it first please.

Quote anything specific from that thread that you need to discuss, so I know exactly what you're referring to please. There is a lot going on with this.

I will not be answering questions about future aspects that are not yet live.

So if I understand correctly - removing member PM's on a permanent basis has all interactions occurring in the open air?
What happens if you're wanting to kick up a friendship with anyone outside of the forum but don't want to publish that in a post? Yeah, yeah, know that'd be rare, but ya know....
Or have I dived in the shallow end on that one?

I like the chat being moved to it's own page, I don't really use it so it's nice to have that interaction segregated away from face of the site which allows you to focus on content at a digestible rate rather than being thrown in the deep end of a live chat.

Is there a site email that can be contacted in the event that someone can't load the website?

What happens if you're wanting to kick up a friendship with anyone outside of the forum but don't want to publish that in a post?
The upgrade will contain groups, where members can mingle in like minded niches. Outside of that, it is not up to this site to provide private friendship zones for members to swap details. PC's have been nothing but a toxic mine field for staff, and the community at large, thus announced long ago they were going. Read previous announcements about this topic please.

Is there a site email that can be contacted in the event that someone can't load the website?
You use the contact link in the footer. The upgrade will contain further information when it changes from that method. There are a lot of changes coming, all of which will be announced when they happen, including how links are posted here and who they're published to.

Patience is required please during the transition.

Last edited:
PC's have been nothing but a toxic mine field for staff, and the community at large, thus announced long ago they were going.
Yes, I'd see that there were a number of issues re behind the scenes but I missed the part where PM's were going - only gotten back on the forum recently :D, it seemed linked and made sense.
There are a lot of changes coming, all of which will be announced when they happen, including how links are posted here and who they're published to.
No worries, I'll keep my eyes peeled ;)

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I know you must be absolutely flat chat. Appreciate your hard work - thanks for collating so many amazing resources in one place to give others the best chance of accelerating their rehabilitation and growth. Your legacy has ripples that have gone around the world and back, don't forget to tilt your chin up to keep your crown from slipping and give yourself a pat on the back. :tup:

Like the changes with chat but one thing I liked in chat was the alert when a new thread was started. Don't know if there is a way other than the new posts page to alert users but just a thought.

Last thing just to clarify, personal conversations are leaving, does that mean the inbox conversations in the upper right? I just want to make sure if I need to get info from those copied somewhere else for my future use.

Like the changes with chat but one thing I liked in chat was the alert when a new thread was started.
Upgrade solves this with new what's new system.
I just want to make sure if I need to get info from those copied somewhere else for my future use.
Yes, they will be deleted. I have given notice months ago in this admin area. It has been stated many times. If members do not have any info they want from those, once deleted, it will be tough love after the fact.

I am not happy about the PC leaving, particularly without any notice. I have conservations on that there are ongoing and do not have any other contact details for the users. The conversations were a massive source of support for me. Now I am cut off.
@sadgirl

Just following this message, I can understand why you did this... and I do want to say thanks for all you do. I really appreciate this website and it has been a source of great support for me. I have just been taken by surprise and wasn't checking the announcements forum regularly... Some of my conversations are too personal for a group chat, that is the problem.

particularly without any notice.
Members were informed about this quite awhile ago.

As was said - you have a grace period of a week to copy any content in those PCs over to your own system, so you don't lose them.

You'll find a way to connect with any members you had ongoing exchanges with, on the open boards. Communicate that way for the time being. Be patient until the entire upgrade is rolled out. Then, see how to navigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back