• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Vent On A Rather Intense Day !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Jen, believe I am feeling better than the wife. However. We are both of us on the mend. Evie is still struggling. Pitying herself. And. Discovered today, she lied to us regarding an important matter. So. She is in for it. Two things I don't tolerate, self-pity and dishonesty.

I would like to assure you Kathy, that venting about Evie's behaviour will not have any of us thinking badly of her. As I always say, The behaviour is NOT the person.
I would hope this site is able to become a safe place to share and vent about our loved ones behaviour, with all of us knowing our loved ones will not be thought of badly.
And Jim, I really dont think it hurts to ensure Evie has strict boundries with her behaviour. I think because of PTSD we are often alot more softer than we should be!!!!
Love to you both xxxxxx

Hi Kathy

Venting is a great tool.

I think the three of you (Jim, Evie and yourself) are all wonderful people and last time I checked, all human. Don't be too hard on yourselves and sometimes the only way we learn to do things better is by making mistakes :crazy: .... I am sure everyone here wishes something in their life could have been different

Take care and I hope you all are well soon

I would hope this site is able to become a safe place to share and vent about our loved ones behaviour, with all of us knowing our loved ones will not be thought of badly.

Thank you ryair. I do heartily agree with you, the behaviour is not the person. I do also believe this is a safe place to share and vent, though I suppose I should clarify why I left this message in the first place. After starting this thread re: Evie, someone was silly enough to contact me privately and criticize her. I suspect the person was trying to commiserate with me but I assured them that putting down one of my children is not the way to do it! So, I thought a general message was in order, just in case anyone else felt like being silly.

Thank you for the compliments and wishes Nicolette. I believe we've all been a bit hard on ourselves as of late. And if anyone is human it is most certainly our family! :tongue:

I think it's just the woman coming out in us, we like to talk & get it out there, it's what we do best:wink:

After starting this thread re: Evie, someone was silly enough to contact me privately and criticize her. I suspect the person was trying to commiserate with me but I assured them that putting down one of my children is not the way to do it! So, I thought a general message was in order, just in case anyone else felt like being silly.

No worries on this account from me, Kathy, as you probably know! I'm very fond of Evie. God knows I've had my "difficult" times, both pre- and post-ptsd :)

How is Evie doing? I've been concerned after reading she's in the hospital. And how are you and Jim doing with that flu? It's good to see you're feeling well enough to post a bit, anyway. Take care!

Evie is just fine Hodge. Brought her home today. Had a difficult time yesterday, faced some hard truths about herself. However. She is well. Though quite tired and taking things easy. Rest of us, we are up and about. Still tired as well, but much improved from a few days back.

Jim.

Yes Hodge, thank you. As Jim mentioned we are all feeling rather better, even Evie, with the help of an attitude adjustment from Jim. :wink:

Kathy,

I wish as a younger person(as Evie) that I had someone in my life, loving enough like you and Jim that gave out certificates to Attitude Adjustment Camp and followed through. Evie is lucky to have you both......And I think you and Jim are as lucky to have her......

Wendy

Not sure she feels particularly lucky at the moment. However. You are correct Wendy. We love her dearly and feel fortunate to have her back.

Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back