• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Feeling Today? Not Thinking, Rather Feeling! Can You Identify Yours?

Like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. Trying to convince my gynecologist that doing a procedure under general anaesthetic when it could be done under a local isn't going to do my mental health any favours whatsoever.

He said it's his preferred option as I didn't tolerate the investigation well because I had a flashback. He knows that I have ptsd from child abuse, I've even told him what happened and that I was attacked in my sleep. Does he really think that knocking me out and then having me wake up bleeding down there is going to help my ptsd in any way? I just can't get him to understand.

Anger
Sadness
Maybe even a little bitter - which isn’t my normal flavour
And irrational - so I guess- some shame? Shame isn’t a heavy one tonight though - just a half shot .

Overwhelmed, restless, emotional, kind of manic, anxious (that sweet, sweet existential anxiety) and tired.
I couldn't sleep all night, so took meds at 7 am to finally help me sleep. So feeling sleepy as well, and grateful for that.

Rueful.

I questioned some fundamental things, and my brain appears to have been short on patience with that nonsense... so I got to relive it.

Okay. Yep. No questioning necessary. Thanks brain. We might not always see eye to eye, but I get it. Really. Feel free to stop slamming me, any time now.

Angry. Confused. Hurt. Angry...
I usually don't express my anger, and it is coming up after someone crossed a big boundary for me.
I know it is normal and healthy to feel angry about someone violating a boundary

Back