• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Feeling Today? Not Thinking, Rather Feeling! Can You Identify Yours?

A bit torn by conflicting thoughts and feelings: a bit sad but grateful; afraid but tired; welcoming silence but overwhelmed by an eerie feeling; overstimulated (I think) but restless; worried and for someone tomorrow but unable to effect change; somewhat lonely but wanting to isolate; quietly desperate but trying to have faith; over tired but awake with dread; happy but unsure; frightened but hypervigilant. Wrestling with hopelessness and exhaustion but struggling to gain perspective, trust and trying to remember when life had more joy and groundedness - hope, I suppose. To some degree Idk what to think, yet I know thoughts influence emotions.

ETA Feeling a bit relieved to check the motion detector, do 2nd lock on door, and see one sound I heard was a cardboard box that fell over.

Really tired of being inclined to have to live with ptsd-and-non-ptsd-related-encumbrances. Really makes me both angry and sad life was been so exhausting, limiting, frightening and harrowing for so many years. I had only hoped for peace, some joy, security, some degree of purpose or to give back in a way true to my personality and likes. I am tired. So I suppose I'm feeling self-centered/ self-pity. And un-anchored/ adrift.

Last edited:
Back