• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What are you having for dinner? (wanna share your recipe?)

Buttermilk Beef Pot Roast
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne
  • 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3-1/2 pounds)
  • 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
  • 8 medium carrots, halved
  • 8 small onions, caramelized
  • 4 stalks of celery chopped
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tsp to 1 tbsp honey if desired.
Spread mustard over roast; place in a Dutch oven. Sprinkle with soup mix and pepper. Arrange vegetables around roast; pour buttermilk over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Transfer meat and vegetables to a platter and keep warm. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from drippings; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup; serve with beef and vegetables.

Left overs make good stroganoff.

Okay so great buys of the week are Banza (gluten free chickpea rice), almond butter, boxed coconut milk (32 ounces for a buck) and Israeli couscous. Also a lactose free cheese jarlsberg... so first up that I'm playing with is
Cranberry Couscous Salad
Served cold or at room temperature

1 ½ cups Chicken Broth (or 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth)
½ cup Dried Cranberries
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 cup Uncooked Couscous
⅓ cup coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
½ cup Almonds (sliced, toasted)
⅓ cup Green Onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons Fresh Mint (chopped)

• Combine broth, cranberries, cinnamon, and cumin in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
  • Remove broth from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly, uncovered.
  • Whisk oil and vinegar together; pour over couscous. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

Okay so great buys of the week are Banza (gluten free chickpea rice), almond butter, boxed coconut milk (32 ounces for a buck) and Israeli couscous. Also a lactose free cheese jarlsberg... so first up that I'm playing with is
Cranberry Couscous Salad
Served cold or at room temperature

This sounds delish and something I can keep in the repertoire of veg dishes for my daughter, if I use veggie broth. For my part today, there was a sale on Kaboom jalapeños, so I am pickling my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chilled Cucumber Soup With Avocado Toast Recipe
Coconut yogurt + lemon juice or vinegar (dash) for buttermilk sub. Just do that part up first, so it’s all nice and bubbly by the time the rest is put together. There’s both lemon juice & sherry vinegar in the recipe, already, but I usually use apple cider vinegar just as a different zippy note.

Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
Also a double batch of these for the freezer, so that when I want something hot but don’t want to cook, I can zap ‘em.

Last edited:
The Jarlsberg definitely tastes like aged Swiss... So it's a quiche tonight and a tomato pie... but I used Jarlsberg as the topping for the pie mixed with remoulade. making zucchini fritters.

Asian tonight so made a cucumber/radish salad, air fryer dumplings with wasabi aioli, and tuna (yellow fin is all that's available here lately) tartar. Basic recipe but I season up:
Tuna Tartare

It's been a rough week so bonsai's for the house (plum wine & sake).

Flowering Broccoli Rabe with Bagna Cauda and Burrata - WILD GREENS & SARDINES

Made this for my boyo... I just skipped the cheese for mine.

DSC9131_2823-1.jpg

Back