What Do Your Monsters Look Like?

Skywatcher

MyPTSD Pro
My monster is more of an ever changing mansion/house. There are ghosts of a very bad man who killed his entire family and the family members. I have dreamt of this for as long as I can remember. I’m not scared of the house, just very specific rooms.

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
@MrMoonlight that is so kind! When you and everyone is dealing with so much yourself!

Well, for the longest time I didn't think I had nightmares or dreams, because I couldn't remember them, (or didn't have them, except for the ones that really painted an impression in my mind). Though I wondered because of my sheets, or if you wake up trying to scream. Geesh.

But still, reality is worse, because nightmares are just that. Though the ones I feel sad or regret are almost worse? Or if I hurt someone (in my nightmare).

Thank you, and sweet dreams! 😴💤

My monster is more of an ever changing mansion/house. There are ghosts of a very bad man who killed his entire family and the family members. I have dreamt of this for as long as I can remember. I’m not scared of the house, just very specific rooms.
Your monsters or haunting experiences are very different from mine. Mine basically reside within my own mind where I'm unable to move away from them. However in your case, I'd move to another house if I were you, if that's an option. Life is too difficult as it is without having to experience such things.

I've never seen a ghost myself, yet, when others have told me that they've seen them, I tend to believe them.

As I’ve previously mentioned my fear involving doorways, closets and cave entrances, in this thread, my home's darkened windows when viewed at night also heighten my anxieties. As long as I can see through these windows to the outside world during the day I’m fine. Yet, at night their blackened window glass and its opacity evoke my feelings of insecurity.

Perhaps, their darkened window glass might symbolize another entrance into my house related to my fear of the floating black cloud near the foot of my bed at night — as if, an imaginary monster might suddenly appear from within this darkened window, just as it once had within the darkened cave during my childhood nightmare.

When I had placed small electric candlelights in these window, this helped somewhat. Eventually, I covered these windows entirely with light-filtering window-blinds.

When these creatures appear within my imagination, I can’t lock them out of my house. No weapon can defend me against them. I might then also perceive myself as not having a physical body.
Anti-psychotic might help yet I haven’t used any psychotropic drugs since 1978 -- nor do I want them. I can only wait for my fear to subside until my imagination again evokes them.

Last edited:

Mach123

MyPTSD Pro
There were a couple dreams I had. The skeleton was the one I remember most vividly. I’m in my fathers house and I walk out onto the porch and the door closes behind me by itself. Then I know I’m dreaming and horror grips me and I freeze and my gaze is forced up to look at the front door and the skeleton is there and starts dancing insanely. I can’t look away. Frozen in horror.

The other is the exorcist dream . I’m not that afraid of the girl in the bed. I’m afraid of what’s possessed her, which is pure evil. I can’t look away. The feeling of horror is so overwhelming that I’ve woken from that and it been unable to get out of bed or even move for over an hour even though I’m about to wet the bed.

enough

MyPTSD Pro
blinding white light in the back of an ambulance, in an ER, waking up from heavy opiates and not knowing if this is real right away but it sure is bright in here.

Interesting thing about ultra marathoners, they see human forms in the trees and jungle when their minds are shutting down. It could be a suggestion that their sub c is responding to, they have probably all heard that it is common so that s what they see, interesting phenonenon, like there are files stored away that seem to be similar between us, but they are deep and base level. A lot of walls have to come down first.

Skywatcher

MyPTSD Pro
Your monsters or haunting experiences are very different from mine. Mine basically reside within my own mind where I'm unable to move away from them. However in your case, I'd move to another house if I were you, if that's an option. Life is too difficult as it is without having to experience such things.

I've never seen a ghost myself, yet, when others have told me that they've seen them, I tend to believe them.
This is a dream house, not a real one that I can leave or move out of. It evolves in my dreams and is with me no matter where I live in real life. The weirdest part is how some rooms become safe over time, and I discover new rooms. I’m comfortable with the house, but not parts of it. My family also lives in this house, so finding safe rooms for my kids to have is always a concern.

This is a dream house, not a real one that I can leave or move out of. It evolves in my dreams and is with me no matter where I live in real life. The weirdest part is how some rooms become safe over time, and I discover new rooms. I’m comfortable with the house, but not parts of it. My family also lives in this house, so finding safe rooms for my kids to have is always a concern.
Oh thank you for explaining @Skywatcher. I misunderstood. You might want to keep a journal about these rooms in your 'dream house.' I've never kept a dream journal, myself, as very rarely will I remember them. When I was hospitalize during my bran tumor surgery a few years ago, I was told that I wasn't getting enough REM sleep, which might explain it.

But writing down descriptions of these frightening experiences does seem to help while, bringing them into a clearer perspective. This has helped me.

Digz

MyPTSD Pro
I have a few 'monsters'. The first is a repetitive image of one of my abuser's angry eyes coming at me.
The second is a dream I have repeatedly too. The monster is being stuck back living with my abusers with no escape or ability to leave and support myself. It this dream I am always resigning myself to the fact that I just have to endure living there longer, I don't have a choice.
Then sometimes, as I'm drifting off to sleep I will get random images of animals attacking me, lions or tigers in particular.
I startle awake a lot as I'm just drifting off to sleep and jump awake in terror. Sometimes I can remember why, sometimes I can't.

Muttly

MyPTSD Pro
Interesting thread. I was going to say that all my monsters are human. People who want to harm me or my pets. Always powerful and only vaguely seen but the threat is overwhelming. After reading this thread I realize I should include water. Water is always bad in my dreams. Always drowning.