1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

What to do with treatment options

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by LilyRose, May 15, 2018 at 4:03 PM.

1. LilyRose

LilyRose Active Member

No sorry that is not really how this thing works. Can't really explain right now but thanks i appreciate it

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Justmehere

Justmehere Defying the odds Moderator Premium Member

It is actually quite common for people who are impatient for PTSD treatment to also have TBI. Many people with TBI also have PTSD.

Being able to simply talk about trauma doesn’t rule out ptsd. Under ptsd symptoms “unable to talk about trauma” is not listened as disganisyic criteria.

TBI and PTSD often occur together. One does not rule out or prevent treatment of the other.

It’s also common that treatment for PTSD will make things worse. Things getting worse doesn’t rule out PTSD.

They may have a standard schedule inpatient, the same groups that all patients do, but that is very different than a treatment team that will do the same meds, the same diagnosis, the same goals, the same everything for everyone. The treatment plan will vary from person to person.

Let’s say you don’t have PTSD and “only” have a TBI and a battle with depression and suicidality - inpatient care is a solid treatment option for that.

Keep talking to your treatment team about your concerns.

Sietz and Joan like this.
  4. LilyRose

LilyRose Active Member

This facility is only for ptsd. they do nothing else. this facility is really different, there is no personal treatment plan. its standard.
    its a new(few years) and unique treatment. Without severe ptsd, you won't get in. they will not treat tbi, depression or help with suicidality.
    they're goal is to break down your walls and get to the core in a few days. they do emdr, exposure, sports and education. you get all of that, all day long, every day. that's it. If i am suicidal? i'll have to promise them not to do it there. If i walk away from a session because i can't handle it? that is my problem. they won't talk about that stuff, they just continue with what they do.

5. Justmehere

Have you discussed your concerns directly with the facility?

6. LilyRose

LilyRose Active Member

no because i am not directed yet. they need the referral and information first, then i will get an intake or something. then i can talk about that.

7. Justmehere

I highly suggest talking to them before deciding to decline your treatment options. I don’t think you have enough information yet.

LilyRose likes this.
  8. LilyRose

LilyRose Active Member

yeah i think i'll do that. have a week to think about it anyway before going back to doc. will talk about it with him again first.

digger and Justmehere like this.
  9. Rumors

Rumors I'm a VIP

I thought you said it t wasn't possible to talk to them?
    Here is the thing... you have given all the information in the world why you shouldn't do this in your opinion. Have you thought about why you should? Did you ask your therapist why he thinks this isn't the place for YOU to go? No excuses, no self reasoning why it is the way it is, but upfront, in bold print why do I need to go here? I am thinking your post was more of a rant even though you asked a question. You have been receptive to hearing anyone's advice but only given the. "That won't work" reasoning. It's up to you but I feel like it's a waste of breath to keep talking about it bc you have already implanted in to your mind how this is going down... moving on.

10. LilyRose

LilyRose Active Member

i am sorry but you are way off.

Show Sidebar