• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Wife of PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone go with you when you visit? For safety?

Very concerned about your boy. Hope that you get him safe soon. It must be pretty frightening for him.

I think you have every right to check in with his teacher. Your his mother and maybe his teacher can add some support for your son. It’s ok to keep things between you and the teacher.
I reached out this evening "in confidentiality" after speaking to the military social workers. I also stated that I want my son to speak to the school councilor as I am not allowed to ask him questions with what is going on at home and how he feels without my husband hanging up on me.

Can someone go with you when you visit? For safety?

Very concerned about your boy. Hope that you get him safe soon. It must be pretty frightening for him.
Thank you, I am going to try and find someone to come with me, I do not feel like going about this alone in his current state is the best option.

How soon can you get to your son?
If I told you what transpired when i travelled the 20+ hours to see my son you wouldn't even believe me. He was so paranoid I was going to take our child he is now trying to destroy my life. I am not allowed to speak to my son and it has been 10 days since we last spoke, I am scared for his safety. I cannot believe my husband the person I loved so much through everything could hurt me with malicious defamatory allegations. I am so confused and my heart is breaking. I just wanted my boys safe and ok.

Is your husband in therapy?
He talks to a military social worker. He refused to be medicated.

Have you let the military social worker that you were in touch with know what's going on? Is your husband somewhere that you could arrange for police or ambulance to do a welfare check on both hubby and son?

Have you let the military social worker that you were in touch with know what's going on? Is your husband somewhere that you could arrange for police or ambulance to do a welfare check on both hubby and son?
I have been in contact with several in the past three weeks. I just provided a bunch of documentation to show he has made false statements so now I have to sit here helplessly waiting and hoping the system protects my child and myself from his mental illness.

Wait... is he still active duty? If so, can you get ahold of his CO?
That has crossed my mind, but I am not sure if it is appropriate or what to say. I want to make sure I am doing everything right.
I have been nothing but supportive throughout our marriage dealing with his bouts of anger and anxiety the best I could. Now with the personality changes and the fact that he would lie to child protection workers and police in a malicious way is incomprehensible. He told the CPS worker I was the cause of his PTSD but I have the documentation to show he had this far before I met him (I was still in highschool when the incident that caused this happened and I didn't meet him for another 10 years after that). Like he is either lying to CPS or the military. I would have never hurt him in this way, I just wanted him to get the help he needed and get better.
I am several years younger than him and I am very goal oriented. I have an undergrad and grad degree and hold a very good job with government. Now he is trying to destroy everything i have worked for, keep my child and hurt me worse than i knew he was capable.
He told me he loved me the same morning that CPS showed up (they showed in the evening) and then was so terrified I was trying to take my child he did this.
Like I was trying everything I could to reach out to professionals to help my family and I feel like they have failed both my son and myself. I am overwhelmed by what I should be doing. I was trying to keep my family safe and he went for the kill shot, to hurt me in the most malicious way possible.

f*ck appropriate, he basically kidnapped your child and won’t let you see or speak to him. He’s acting wacky, and CPS and social workers are involved? His CO is probably already aware something is going down... but you need to inform him that your husband won’t let you have access to your child or the family home. That is not OK.

This is part of his CO’s job... they unf*ck messes like this all the time. There are always personal, domestic, and legal issues going on with any given number of men pretty much constantly. Don’t worry about if it’s appropriate. It’s appropriate if he’s escalating to this level. He needs help. What if he bails, goes AWOL, takes your son and runs?

It’s appropriate if he’s escalating to this level. He needs help. What if he bails, goes AWOL, takes your son and runs?
He has filed false charges against me so legally I now have no rights until I clear my name. Like he was that paranoid I was going to take our child he made up horrific lies. Like I had been reaching out for help to everyone for three weeks leading up to this and the system has failed my child and myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back